Science Not Invited

by RedRafe

Choose which science packs will be needed to research technologies. The cost of science packs not used will be evenly distributed among the remaining one(s), other game mechanics remain untouched. This mods opens new ways of designing your base, wether you'd like to build a mega base and research infinite tech without the need to build all the science or complete giant overhaul mod packs skipping some science packs.

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Cheats

i [Solved] How to handle no science

1 year, 10 months ago

I did some general research into what happens if you construct a technology with an empty research ingredients table. What happens is that the research will be performed with EVERY AVAILABLE LAB, and progress through one unit of the research at the labs research speed, consuming no ingredients.

What I propose would be for handling no ingredients is to give it either the same weight as the minimum science pack, or maybe even one quarter to one half of that weight, so a research that would take 10 automation science pack, could take 20-40 units of pure lab research time.

1 year, 6 months ago

Why would anyone design empty researches? Is it not equal to just set the technology to available from the beginning?

1 year, 6 months ago

Not quite, in fact, Nullius does exactly that for its very first research, which you have to do in order to even unlock any recipes at all.

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Fixed the issue with empty tech cost. It now works with Nullius too (the empty cost tech), but I will implement a custom set of options specific for Nullius compatibility as soon as I have a bit of time

This thread has been locked.