Science Bottles

by Jakzie

Adds glass bottles which are used in all science pack recipes. Bottles are made from glass and wood. Useful for adding a little more complexity to vanilla game. Compatible with modded science packs and overhaul mods including Space Exploration, Industrial Revolution 2, Bob's mods and Angel's mods.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
Manufacturing

g advance

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

You have bring up an intresting idea. But i think you can make more improvements with it. Like after the science pack used in the labs they "produce dirty empty bottles" that must cleaned bevor an reuse. Like this mod as reference: Dirty Fluid Containers. maybe you can use normal water instead of steam. I would like it if you give it an try.
And here is something else: angels_smelting produce an item "angels-plate-glass" that is similar to yours. So an mod integration would also be nice:

1 year, 10 months ago

Hello,
I like your idea about cleaning the used bottles, it could introduce some unique challenges into the game. Maybe I'll try to play around with it a bit and see if I can make something that works nicely.
And I know about glass items in large mods like Angels etc., I'll work on some more integrations in the future.
Thanks for the feedback and ideas!

1 year, 10 months ago

Hello again,
I added support for Angel's smelting. Keep in mind that it adds those glass plates only if Bob's Metals is also present, if you will go try it.
For the bottle cleaning, sadly I haven't found any good way to make labs output dirty bottles (except for some heavy scripting, but I don't want to turn this into a UPS-hungry mod), so it's probably not happening. But maybe I'll think of something else.

1 year, 2 months ago

incompatible with glass (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Glass)
Can you fix the problem?

1 year, 2 months ago

Glass is made by hand. It's uncomfortable.
How to automate glass?

New response