Industrial Revolution - Compatibility Fixes

Compatibility fixes/changes for Industrial Revolution 2 for Krastorio 2 Modules, Infinite Tech, Schall Auto Linked Chest, Nuclear Fuel, and other mods, plus some toggle-able tweaks for K2 as well.

Tweaks
2 years ago

b Fail to Boot with Angel's Transit

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

attempting to launch the game with just the mods listed as optional dependencies (except krastorio's) causes this mod to display this error: https://puu.sh/HRT9M/17800b3825.png

disabling either this mod or angel's transit resolves the issue

oddly enough, game did not fail to boot when using a bunch of other mods and having an odd error caused industrial revolution itself to turn off (while this mod was still active)

my guess is that there's some code left in this mod regarding angel's transit compatibility that's conflicting with the main mod, now that the main mod has compatibility on its own

2 years ago

Okay I know what it is. I made a huge error in the code, so if you have any Angel's Trains tiers set to anything lower than 5, it will crash.
I uploaded a fix, and it should work now. Let me know if I still messed it up.

2 years ago

ah, I haven't played with angels in a long time (been a while since I played factorio as my friends haven't been wanting to play. to give you an estimate, back then there was no mass transit mod, only 3 separate mods for each train lol. even then we were using space exploration. currently returning to the game and getting 3 modsets setup for AB, IR, and SE), so I wasn't aware there even were tiers to angel's trains lol. the default settings for angel's trains also sets it to 3.

if you don't mind me asking, why was this set to require 5 tiers, anyway lol

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

nnnnope, still fails to boot. gives a different error, though. much easier to recognize what went wrong, too. still seems to be looking for tiers that don't exist by default.

https://puu.sh/HS5Py/acf4ac0789.png

will try setting it to 5 tiers without the compat mod, then try booting with it, but yea, still crashing with default settings/fresh install

EDIT: setting it to 5 tiers allows it to boot properly, so it looks like the code that causes it to crash with less than 5 tiers is still there, it just crashes differently now

2 years ago

Okay, it should work now. Tested it by setting Angel's Trains tiers all to 1 and it booted up properly.
The error this time was from the code that changes Angel's Trains recipes to be cheaper.

New response