Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

21 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Compatible with Eternal Industry

1 year, 19 days ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EternalIndustry
I tried to add all my existing ores now, so that then not to ask each time to add an ore to support.

1 year, 18 days ago

If you can do support for my mod, I'd prefer to contact you to work out the details.

1 year, 18 days ago

Are you planning to have a lot of ores?
It would be good if you could create a config for them and I will add it to the mod.

1 year, 18 days ago

I have a config and it is in the resource file. The big problem is that I do not understand how to create ore so that it is not too frequent, has normal shapes, does not mix and so on. That's why I wanted to reach out to you.

1 year, 16 days ago

Are you talking about base game config or RSO ore config?
Those are two different things and RSO does most of the things you write by design. I don't have much knowledge of base game ore generation.

1 year, 16 days ago

I see your point. It's just that I have some requirements for the generation of some ores. For example, one of the ores must appear exclusively in the desert. And something should be very far away and very rare, in relation to other ores.
Anyway, I just need to make presets that will regulate this, but I don't know how to set them up and work with them.
If you know how to create as you know how, it would make sense for me to adapt the code to your convenience. For example, enter additional parameters into the ore table that would determine what style of ore spreading should be. And then your could already work based on that data.
I remember that you create ore in the control phase, but how would that affect map generation time and overall game performance with so many ores?

1 year, 16 days ago

I think you missed one part - RSO has different ore config then base game. You need to create separate ore configs that are used to generate ore by RSO only - you don't add anything to base game ore configs.
And currently spawning ore on desert only is not supported since it's very hard to do with randomized ore location spawns (no terrain awareness at all).
You can take a look in folder resourceconfigs in mod to see how current configs look - vanilla.lua has parameter descriptions.

1 year, 15 days ago

For example, I think you could look at the ore generation in Space Exploration. There's cryonite there, which only appears in cold biomes.
Also, no vanilla generation is used there.
Otherwise, I'll see how you do it later and I'll be sure to write back.

New response