Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

21 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Toggle Worm spawns / Starting size affecting spawn rates?

1 year, 3 months ago

After using RSO for a while I noticed that it changes the size of worms the further you explore. This is quite the nuisance so please add a toggle button for it! So you don't have to fully disable the RSO biter system to get rid of them. Also wanted to mention that the starting area size affects the ore patches which led to me having pretty much an empty starter radius. I would consider implementing a toggle for it to avoid softlocking yourself, moreover the big or behemoth worms add to this since you cant expand further. Really appreciate the work put into this mod.

1 year, 3 months ago

Making separate starting area size for ores and enemies was proposed already and it might happen at some point (no warranties when).

I'm not sure what do you want with worms. They are meant to be bigger further you go and I'm not sure what do you mean by toggle button for that?
Also worm size should properly take into account starting area size so you don't get out of your huge starting area and get a larger worm greeting.

1 year, 3 months ago

Yeah I understand that they are meant to be bigger, but I was seeking a toggle button, so its enabled by default, but if you want to disable it, there would be a button for it. Some customization won't hurt, and also should be easy to implement.

1 year, 3 months ago

Way that are generated and randomised makes it a bit more difficult to change then a simple toggle.
I'm still not sure what kind of toggle you are looking for. Complete lack of worms? Some scaling factor that would make them bigger further out?

1 year, 3 months ago

Pick the one that would be easiest to implement, I think scaling factor is the best pick. But any other workaround would do. So the worms are still there but don't scale as much in the distances.

1 year, 3 months ago

I'll add this to list of settings to add when I get back to work on mod. This might be around dlc so long time probably before it happens.

New response