Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

12 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Include raise parameters with create_entity and destroy

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi orzelek, in you calls to create_entity and destroy, could you include their respective raise parameters set to true, so they'll raise their respective events? I have a mod I'm working on that needs to know when some entities are created or destroyed, but without these events being raised, it has no way of knowing.

Thank you!

1 year, 9 months ago

Do you need it for enemies or also ores?

1 year, 9 months ago

My mod does affect both, but enemies are the primary concern. That said, I think I've some other mods listening to the script_raised_built (like Rampant) for resources, so don't see the harm in doing both?

1 year, 9 months ago

I can try with both but I'm not sure how it will affect spawning of ores in terms of performance. It's already on slow side since it can create lots of entities at once.

1 year, 9 months ago

Please grab 6.2.16 and let me know if it works ok.

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks. When I have time tonight (~8 hrs), I’ll take a look.

I don’t think your adding the raise events will inherently slow things down (for ores). I think it’ll depend on what other mods are installed that are listening to that event and what they do with it that will affect that.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Well, maybe I won’t be testing tonight. :P Got home from work later than I expected and am very tired. Only got an hour before I need to be to bed to get enough sleep to do it again tomorrow! XD Although, I should be home at a more reasonable hour. :P

New response