Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

20 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g PyMods Update

1 year, 10 months ago

Hello, PyMods needs an RSO update for some changes and for a new mod https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=102523&p=568641#p568641

1 year, 10 months ago

Quick question about the RSO update. Did this update intentionally make it so the starting area only spawns with a few of the resources? I'm seeing Iron, Copper, Stone, Raw Coal, Biosample, and Aluminum. In the past I've seen Tin, Lead, Chromium, Ancient Ruins, Rare Earth, etc.

1 year, 10 months ago

Can you check without RSO?
If they are there then it would be TwentyEighty decision or they were like that in rso before.

1 year, 10 months ago

If I load a new map with just the Py Mods I get Iron, Copper, Stone, Quartz, Chromium, Lead, Raw Coal, Nickle, Aluminum, Titanium, Tin, and Biosample. If I load with Py Mods and RSO 6.2.15 I get Iron, Copper, Stone, Aluminum, Raw Coal, and Biosample. If I load Py Mods and RSO 6.2.14 I get all the resources.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hello, yes this was intentional, due to the imminent beta release of the brand new pymods. All of those other ores have been moved out of starting area with or without RSO. Moving forward only those 6 ores you listed will be starting ores for pymods.

1 year, 10 months ago

New version of rso (6.2.17) should have both old and new config and select one based on version.
Can you check if it works correctly?

1 year, 9 months ago

It does work correctly thank you!

1 year, 6 months ago

Playing PY beta.
In starting area with RSO there is no Tin ore.
Without RSO starting area contains: Raw coal, Tin, Copper, Iron, Native flora, Aluminum and Stone.
With RSO all above without Tin.

1 year, 6 months ago

Please read above - a lot of ores were removed from starting area in PY Beta.

1 year, 6 months ago

Tin ore in PYbeta are in starting area without RSO mod.

1 year, 6 months ago

Then something has changed probably - TwentyEighty would need to take a look. Unless version number has changed significantly and my version switch code stopped working.

1 year, 6 months ago

Heya! I had a look at the starting ores with oorzkws, one of the Py devs, and we fixed the starting ores in vanilla resource gen in this pull request: https://github.com/pyanodon/pyrawores/pull/95

The short version is:
- tin should be a starting ore unless Py Alien Life is installed
- quartz should be a starting ore unless Py Alien Life is installed
- aluminium should always be a starting ore

In terms of the starting richness and size, it can be the same as aluminium in the lua file TwentyEighty provided. orzelek, do you need us to provide a lua file to fix this, or do you think the above gives you enough information?

1 year, 6 months ago

It would be optimal if you can provide update for RSO also.
I'm not really playing or modding atm so not sure when I could get to taht and if I have a ready file I can add it and publish new version.

New response