Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

17 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

i no starting water

2 years ago

hello
could you add option for no starting water ? currently there is no way of doing that (at least cant find it) nor there is mod but since there are a lot mods that add options to get water in diffrent way (including Angel/bob ofc) it would be cool to start like this

2 years ago

Tbh I'm not sure how to do that even. I think that this starting water might be pregenerated by game.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

there is old mod - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ctg ( for 1.1 you just need change ver info) which disable starting water generation completly but you still always start near water which would be ok alone but it always eats at last half of your starting ores ... and we want start from real begining with no tech so half ores at start is huge problem (also we setup RSO to spawn ores really far away to each other for train play)

2 years ago

That mod removes water completely because it has it's own water generation. I'd rather not go as far as this.
And modifying vanilla map gen to only remove starting water might be tricky. Those new formulas for generation are complex and not sure if they can be edited.

2 years ago

well ok then
tnx you took look at this :)

2 years ago

When you use that old mod updated to current version it deletes ores generated by RSO?

2 years ago

i dont think it deletes ores by design, it just add a lot water around your starting area (for preset we use which is half continents but probably for others too) and since ores cant spawn in water you start with less ores

2 years ago

RSO tries to move ores away from water when generating them. So it should still try to fit all of them. Unless that mod deletes them after they were spawned. You can try to add that mod as optional dependency in RSO and check if it changes something.

2 years ago

The 'No Lakes' mod is working for me with this mod.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

it worked when that mod is as optional dependency in RSO, it sometimes spawn some ores really far away from spawn (when there is no place without water i guess) but all ores are present so tnx again :)

EDIT: sometimes it still doesnt work at all tho but i think its still better now ...

2 years ago

It might have no space for starting ores - there is a limit on distance for starting ore spawn so if there is to much water it's allowed to fail.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

ok so pretty sure now water from this ctg mod deletes ores ... got island now in middle of nowhere (4 tiles only island) and its bobmonium island ... pretty sure RSO wouldnt try to spawn ore on 4 tile island or would it ?

2 years ago

The mod Resource Spawner Overhaul (6.2.14) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event rso-mod::on_init()
The mod Custom Terrain Generation (0.4.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ctg::on_chunk_generated (ID 12)
Unknown tile name: water-green
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_tiles'
ctg/control.lua:85: in function <ctg/control.lua:28>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'force_generate_chunk_requests'
rso-mod/control.lua:1054: in function 'spawn_starting_resources'
rso-mod/control.lua:1891: in function <rso-mod/control.lua:1887>

this happen to me when i change ctg water to green ...

2 years ago

This is an issue in ctg mod - it shows with rso in call stack because rso triggered chunk generation.

New response