Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

18 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b RSO + Ore Manager Updated

2 years ago

Ore Manager [Updated] allows me to more ore fields from one location to another via the following procedure:
1) build a special box
2) plop it on a resource field
3) box "collects" resource field instantly
4) I pickup box
5) plop box elsewhere and it "drops" the previously collected field in the new location

I can relocate multiple resource fields into the same chunk without issue. The problem appears when I want to relocate ore fields into two different regions. For Example:

I collect Ore Fields (OF) 1, 2 and 3, and move them all to Chunk X successfully. Then I collect OF 4, 5, and 6 and move them to Chunk Y. This causes all the previously placed OFs (1, 2, and 3) to be displaced from Chunk X and shifted to neighboring chunks.

This tells me that RSO will continue to move resource fields around actively even after they chunk they are in has been revealed.

Question: Is it possible to adapt RSO so that it doesn't do that?

Asking here because the original creator of Ore Manager doesn't appear to be active anymore, and the chap who made Ore Manager Updated doesn't appear to responding to requests for assistance in this area.

2 years ago

I'm sorry but I don't think I understand.
RSO doesn't respawn field it has already seen unless reset was requested through API.
But if you are moving ore to not yet generated chunks then ore collision detection will try to move anything that would spawn in that area away from it up to a chunk away(or two).
I'm not really sure what you mean by adapting RSO to that - if different mod is playing around with ores then most likely RSO should not be used. Especially since it doesn't seem to work well (and if you want to move ore fields on demand.. you are doing exact opposite of what RSO is meant for aka trains usage and expansion).

2 years ago

I appreciate your reply. It makes me aware that I was making some assumptions about the under-the-hood functionality within RSO and the other few mods I'm using. I'll poke around a bit more on my own to see if I can figure it out. Again, thanks for the quick reply. Consider the case closed.

New response