Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Prevent Ore Spawning if X or Y coordinate is less or greater than 0

3 years ago

It would be awesome if this mod could prevent Resource spawning by quadrant, like, I don't want to have Resources right of the spawn point or above it...

3 years ago

Can you explain what is the use case for that?

3 years ago

It's one of these OCD ticks, I can not build on top of resource patches so a map where Resources only generate for example south (bottom-left and bottom-right) of the spawn point would be awesome, as this would free the north to build the base, it's more a QoL thingy as there are already mods that can help here to simply delete resource patches on-demand with all kind of fancy logic, but not spawning them via the map generation would be much cooler.

By quadrant I mean the 4 main directions that exist in a 2d space, top-left (x and y negative), top-right (only y negative), bottom-left (only x negative) and bottom-right (x and y positive)...

3 years ago

It could be by quadrant - I'd need to make a setting for it most likely.
It would reduce amount of ore thats on map by quite a lot potentially.. you'd be playing a bit more of a roulette with rng when using lots of mods.

I might make it not affect starting area - that would need modifying spawning algorithm for it a bit.

I'll think about adding something like this.

3 years ago

spawning area is fine, if unaffected, as all the stuff there is normally gone pretty fast, thank you for considering this feature

3 years ago

Any updates for this?

3 years ago

Sorry but not really. I haven't been modding recently.

New response