Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

16 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b No Ore Patches Generated

4 years ago

With RSO enabled in 0.17 no ore patches are generated in my maps. After disabling mod everything is fine. I've tried a completely fresh installation of the game and mods from scratch thinking it might be related, but no avail.

4 years ago

I will need more information to help you.
This is only report like this I have and I'm not sure how this would happen. Can you post a save file that has the problem?

4 years ago

I think he is talking about no ores are generated in the preview map. I tried to start a new B&A in 0.17.38, and preview map shows no ore generation. but if you start a game the ores are there.

4 years ago

Lack of ores in preview is known and not fixable - mentioned on the information tab too.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was talking about no ores on generated map, not only on preview. With the latest update, only single stone patch is generated, at least in the starting area. Here's the save file with default map options: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x61vt975w6ilig2/RSO%20Test.zip?dl=0

4 years ago

I'm sorry but I'm at a loss here. Your save file is missing starting area resources but in RSO state it says they were spawned. If you go exploring other resources are generated normally (at least for me). When I create a new game with same seed I get normal starting area resources.
Can you do the following:
1. Extract RSO and edit config.lua - change debug_enabled line to true
2. Start new game
3. Run following command in console after few seconds: /c remote.call("RSO", "saveLog")
4. Post me content of script_output/logs folder in Factorio directory - there should be 2 log files in there.

New response