Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

18 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b No Stone Ore Outside Starting Area

I have a an extremely heavily modded game going, and found no stone ore spawning anywhere outside the starting area. I even downloaded the creative mode mod to allow me to search much further and around a huge ocean, and still found no stone ore generating.

Do you want a save file, game log, or is there anything else you'd like?

5 years ago

Save game is best since I can sync to it.
You are writing about huge ocean... lots of water will result in missing resources but shouldn't be that bad.

OK, here is the link. Remember, LOTS of mods in this one, lol. Good luck. I have large and lots of water, but all other resources are spawning in no problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HfcjLQtDK435AaDccY2ToTw3zUJF1nj/view?usp=sharing

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You are pretty unlucky. And also there is something strange going on.
I did a test by taking just map gens tring and had this:
In 2kx2k area there are 8 stone spawns and 5 of them went under water and got removed completely.
So there are 3 left: 1456,752; -656,1520 ;-272,-1808

If I call /rso-regenerate in your save those fields do not respawn properly in same places in your save file. I mght have some bug in regen command or in map string. Calling regen on your file allowed me to find some for you.
It also seems that water based maps should use different collision chances - game removes any patch thats would spawn in less then 75% - one in your save has 74% on regen so it gets skipped. I might need to make this into a setting (it can be changed only in config file now).

There seems to be two stone fields (thats 2 of 10 attempts to place one partially due to above):
-2224,2768; -1328,3440;
With collision avoidance a bit less strict you'd get 3 more (were between 69% to 74% complete on spawn attempt).
You were pretty close to both of those.

Picture here: https://ibb.co/gFqWwmT
I'm standing on one and other is that revealed area on west side.

Ok, well, I am glad that there aren't zero stone ore fields on the map, just requires me to push harder and further to get to them. Thank you for looking into this. I figured I would be taking a chance with the water settings, but did not think I would run into this scenario. I mean, in my mind, having only 3 of 8 spawns within 2k x 2k area is reasonable given my map settings. Just amazing (unlucky) that I had not run into them yet.

If anything, I guess it's good to look at examples of world gen to see what is happening (based on mod settings), so if I were able to create anything good from this for you, then I am happy. Thank you for your time looking at this. I was afraid of being 50+ hours in and having to start over.

New response