Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

17 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Leighzer's Morphite Support Request

5 years ago

Hello, I am the author of Leighzer's Morphite. I have received a bug report that "The resource morphite-ore is not configured in RSO. It won't be spawned!". My understanding is that my resource morphite-ore needs some sort of configuration added so that it works with RSO. I would greatly appreciate any information you can shed on this. If there is anything I need to do/information I need to supply to have our mods work together properly please let me know! Thank you very much.

5 years ago

Grab the RSO and extract it. There is a resourceconfigs folder that contains ore configurations for various mods.
To make your ore spawn configuration file like that is needed for your ore.
You can take a look at it and prepare one or give me some description of how rare/big/dense your ore spawns should be and I can make one.
Since 0.17 is nearby there won't be any RSO releases for 0.16 and your new config would be released in RSO for Factorio 0.17.

5 years ago

Thank you for the information. I have created a resourceconfig I am happy with. How shall I deliver it to you?

The options are explained quite well in the example files. A couple of options I am curious about are the multi_resource options. Do these create mixed ore patches? Do these permit more than one ore to be generated in a region?

I have a user that would like to play with both of our mods. Would it be permissible I prepare them a modified version of RSO (with attributions/explanatory documentation) so that they may be able to play before the next RSO release? Looking at the license it appears permission is given, but I would like to make sure. If the next release is coming up very soon (as I think 0.17 is due in the next couple of weeks) then you can disregard my question, I would have them wait for the next official release.

Thank you for your time and help, I appreciate it.

5 years ago

Please post the new resource config and I'll add it to mod.
Multi resource option gives additional chance to roll other resources when patch of primary one is spawned. It's one way of getting more resource patches per region.
Since it seems that 0.17 is pretty close it would be better to wait for it I think. But since oyu have a config I can add it and post a new version for 0.16 also.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks for the info. Yes I agree, it is so close may as well release it when 0.17 drops. Completely your call. Below is my config, thanks!

function fillLeighzerMorphiteConfig(config)

config["morphite-ore"] = {
    type="resource-ore",

allotment=150, 
    spawns_per_region={min=1, max=1}, 
    richness=30000,

size={min=20, max=30},
    min_amount=500,

starting={richness=8000, size=25, probability=1},

multi_resource_chance=0.20,
    multi_resource={
        ["iron-ore"] = 2, 
        ['copper-ore'] = 4,
        ["coal"] = 4,
        ["stone"] = 4,
    }
}

end

5 years ago

One question for it - do you really want your ore to be so abundant?
Allotment of 150 is more common then iron ore by 50%.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

(Long post removed)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You can knock down the allotment to 100.

Thanks

New response