Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

a month ago
0.14 - 1.1

i No resources in starting area

6 years ago

Hello Orzelek. I'm trying to create a custom scenario but the auto generation of resources in the starting zone is causing me issues because of certain placements. However the generic generation non-RSO sucks even if I select the built-in Railworld settings. I'm looking to have a very sparse resource map with a very specific resource pool in the starting area. Could an option be added to disable resource generation only in the starting area?

Thanks

6 years ago

I can try to add it - you mean to have an option for completely empty starting area?
It sounds a bit risky - I see big bug reporting potential :D

6 years ago

Yeap, nothing in the starting area and once we're outside the starting area it back to normal

5 years ago

As a thought. Could you set the starting richness multiplier to 0? Right now the lowest is 0.001 which generates weird resources layouts, like many extremely small patches of ores in the starting area.

5 years ago

This would be a side effect of code that tries to guarantee minimum resource amount in starting area. I might need to adjust the code so that this multiplier can't go below 0.5 or something and then add option to remove starting area resources next to that.

5 years ago

Added new option to disable ores from starting area - with option for oil it should make starting area empty.

5 years ago

Just tested it, and it seems to work. Thanks

4 years ago

I can't seem to find that option in 0.18.9 and RSO 6.0.5?

4 years ago

It's in the map settings - Oil in starting area and Ore in starting area.

4 years ago

Duh! You're right, I misinterpreted that. Thanks!

New response