Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

26 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g performance related to configs not optimally set

6 years ago

i'm trying to source a performance issue with the game in v16.22.
And was curious if having certain combinations of settings in RSO causes more overhead/CPU time when generating? like if you have big ore patches set up and high occurance percentage & small region value? could that be causing frequent lagg spikes?
in testing a new world, without any construction or factory, i get pretty bad lagg spikes anytime the game generates a new chunk (but i'm working with a pretty beefy computer that should have no problem with this sort of game, even with a ton of mods. if it helps, F5 shows RSO going from 0.002 in time scale to 14.2 roughly (give or take 1 or 2 points depending on un-reproducable variables)?

Are there combinations of settings that should be avoided when using this mod? Or is this lag possibly due to all the frequent changes vanilla has undergone and mods not being fully optimized for it yet? other than looking at the cpu time used per mod in F5, i'm not even sure where to begin troubleshooting this

6 years ago

If you use very big ore fields then RSO can make the game lag. You can try to disable useResourceCollisionDetection in config file to see if it helps. Trying to figure out where given ore patch fits best is what might be eating up a lot of CPU.

New response