Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

26 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Factorio Plus plus

6 years ago

Good evening,
i made a mod a few months ago, named "Factorio Plus Plus", which is not supported by your mod yet. Could you please? :)
the ressources are:
strachnite-ore, titan-ore, silver-ore, gold-ore, cuprumferrit-ore, argentumferrit-ore, titaniumferrit-ore, sulphurcarbonite-ore, carfitium-ore
thank you

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Do you have any recommendations on how they should be placed and want to try hand at writing config (based on vanila.lua in resourceconfigs folder) or do you want me to do them?
It's quite a lot of ores so some pointers about how they are used and how rae they should be would be useful if I'd be doing the config.

6 years ago

sorry, i thought your mod uses by automatic the numbers which are for the vanilla ressource generator.
silver (low tier), gold (high tier) and titan (military) are ressources that used A LOT to make upgrades of existing things(like bots, e-furnaces, solar panels, belts and so on)
the other ores are just mixed ores, they are equal to:
2x cuprumferrit = 1 iron and 1 copper
2x titaniumferrit = 1 iron and 1 titan
2x argentumferrit = 1 iron and 1 silver
2x sulphurcarbonite = 1 coal and 1 sulfur
2x strachnite = 1 plastic bar and 1 titan
2x carfitium = 1 plastic bar and 1 steel (so this one is very valuable and should be low)
the ores have different coverage/richness_multipliers
strachnite-ore(0.00002/200), titan-ore(0.001/300), silver-ore(0.0005/400), gold-ore(0.0005/300), cuprumferrit-ore(0.002/1200), argentumferrit-ore(0.0005/400), titaniumferrit-ore(0.0005/400), sulphurcarbonite-ore(0.001/400), carfitium-ore(0.00002/200)
these were the numbers for the vanilla ressource generator which seems to be broken. if wube will chance it´s ressource generator, i also may have to change the "vanilla numbers" and will inform you.
thank you :)

6 years ago

IMHO, if fpp and bobores are installed, I think bobores should override the silver and gold settings ...or at least a mod setting to choose if bobores overrides fpp should be considered

6 years ago

All your ores seem to have very low richness factors. Is that by design?
This would result in very low amount fields in RSO and some of them might be pretty rare looking at the coverage values.

6 years ago

New version is up - I added small silver in starting area and rest of ores are outside of it only.

6 years ago

could you add this update for 0.15 too?

6 years ago

I'm not updating version for 0.15 anymore. 0.16 is pretty stable by now.

New response