Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

19 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g DyWorld addition please

6 years ago

Hello! DySoch is working on a new mod called DyWorld. Could you add his ores? They are chromium, gold, lead, silver and tin. I'm currently uploading a series as he is writing more content. Find me on YouTube under my name of VideoGameGeek1970 - having a ball! Thanks!

6 years ago

I'd rather wait for DyWorld to be quite a bit more complete before adding support for it. It seems to be in very early stages currently.

6 years ago

Added in last version. Let meknow if balance looks wrongfor new ores.

6 years ago

Thanks! I'll give it a try with DyWorld.

6 years ago

sorry @orzelek, i added a few new resources. Should be done for a while with adding them (if not at all)

cadmium-ore became zinc-ore, and aluminium-ore and nickel-ore were added.

Chance is that in 0.6.0 a few new liquid resources will be added, but unsure about it yet. if so, will let u know

6 years ago

Is it by design that all the ores have starting area now?
Or I'm reading something wrong?

Also lead and tin seem to have very heavily boosted richness base - from 2500 to 4000/4500.

6 years ago

true, lead and tin are used more then others. And yes, starting area for all. Although tungsten, gold, aluminium and nickel can be removed in your mod if needed (they are used less). Otherwise it is a bit cluttered in there

6 years ago

Starting location is more about which resources you need first and which you should travel for. I'll add starting locations to all except those mentioned above and we'll see how it goes with players.

5 years ago

orzelek, i revamped and improved my ore generation. There are now 7 ore types that will be permanent. All ore items will come from those 7. No more alterations should be needed after this, unless i add liquid resources.
I have a pastebin for you with code of the resources:
https://pastebin.com/5i24rcaa

also added another fluid resource, called "dyworld-methane". This has the same spawns as crude oil, but only at 10% strenght of crude oil

Let me know if you need some help

5 years ago

From what I can see it's a full revamp and it's also meant to remove base resources?
I'll try to take a look soon-ish and prep new config.

5 years ago

yes. It removes the base resources as well. 7 completely new ores

5 years ago

I've released new version with updated config. Take a look and see how is the ore balance and let me know if it needs adjusting.

New response