Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

25 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Iron

6 years ago

Maybe the iron ore generation is broken. I get the normal iron in my spawning aera. But around there is a lot of copper, but almost no iron. I tried three spawns and get the same results. The first time I have played a while and thought, I was just unlucky, but then I tried again.

6 years ago

I would need at least your map string and mods zip if any others are used to check it.
I didn't notice anything bad happening with iron in my usual testing recently.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I have generated some more maps. It seems to be random. Sometimes there is nothing special with the iron but at least in every second generation iron patches are rare, while copper patches are normal. I'm not sure about this, because of the randomness.

I don't use mods like bobs with any other ore. To get an initial overview I use "Initial scan", "big brother" and for exploring I activate "faster running". There a only the usal Qol mods like FARL, longreach etc. and I use Arumbas accelerated start.

The map string of my first game:

AAAPAAoAAwABAQcAAAAEAAAAY29hbAEFBQoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AQUFCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAUFBQoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAQEBCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAQUFBQAAAHN0b25lAQUFCwAAAHVyYW5pdW0tb3JlAwUFvm
BnyoCEHgCAhB4AAwABAQF7FK5H4XqUPwEAAAAAAAAuQAEAAAAAAADwP
wEAAAAAAFi7QAEAAAAAAOCFQAEAAAAAAFirQAEAAAAAAIjDQAEAAAAA
AECfQAEAAAAAAEB/QAEAAAAAAECPQAEzMzMzMzPzPwEzMzMzMzPzPwF
7FK5H4Xp0PwEAAQAAAAAAAAhAAQAAAAAAAAhAAXsUrkfheoQ/AQABAQ
GN7bWg98bAPgH8qfHSTWJgPwFpHVVNEHXvPgEAAQcAAAABAgAAAAECA
AAAAZqZmZmZmbk/AQAAAAAAAABAAQAAAAAAAOA/AZqZmZmZmdk/Ac3M
zMzMzOw/AQUAAAABFAAAAAFAOAAAAcBLAwABEA4AAAGgjAAAASAcAAA
BAAAAAAAAPkABAAAAAAAAFEABZmZmZmZm9j8BMzMzMzMz4z8BMzMzMz
Mz0z8BAAAAAAAACEABAAAAAAAAJEABPAAAAAEeAAAAAcgAAAABBQAAA
AEAAAAAAAAAQAEBAQAAAAAAAFlAAQUAAAABGQAAAAEAAAAAAAAkQAEy
AAAAAQAAAAAAAD5AAWQAAAABmpmZmZmZyT8BMzMzMzMzwz8BMzMzMzM
z0z8BMzMzMzMz0z8BAAAAAAAAJEABAAAAAAAANEABAAAAAAAAPkABAA
AAAAAAFEABAAAAAAAAPkABAAAAAAAAJEABAAAAAAAACEABCgAAAAFkA
AAAAWQAAAAB6AMAAAEAAAAAAADgPwHQBwAAAQAAAAAAQH9AAwAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA8D/irJgc<<<

Thank you very much, never played factorio without your mod since I have discovered it.

Edit: For any reason it didn't copied the first three ">>>" in the string.

6 years ago

Tbh you are causing this yourself by using map settings like this.
Frequency is relative with RSO which means you are sacrificing all ores for much more of uranium and oil.

6 years ago

Thanks, I didn't know this. In 0.14 I allways set the oil to very high and the other to very rare and didn't notice anything like that. Recently I tried the settings on Uranium on very high also .. Sometimes I'm stupid. Thanks a lot.

6 years ago

I need to find a good way to make info about frequency more visible. It's the one set of settings that work differently in RSO then in normal game due to way that resources are rolled.

6 years ago

That would be nice, since I'm probably not the only one who didn't know this fact.

And thanks for your last update. To fiddle with the configs and finding out, what there are for, was awkward.

New response