Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

20 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Config Suggestion

6 years ago

I was wondering if you could add a config that overrides any spawning of infinite ore patches in the game to either enabled or disabled. Reason I ask for this is you can set this in the config file and I had to since angels infinite ores (using it for the ores not the infinite part) was set to not generate infinite ores but is doing it anyway. Although that could be said to be a bug in angel's config, it would be nice for the future for RSO to have a infinite ore override particularly if other ore mods are used and it becomes difficult to keep track or even if you're allowed to disable the generation of infinite ores there.

6 years ago

Options in RSO config are only for angel's infinite ores - I can't prevent any infinite ores from spawning since it could block them completely.
I could add setting override to disable infinite parts even if they are present but it would be a workaround. Getting Angel's mod to not generate them is a proper solution.

PS.
Technically you can do this in config right now by setting the threshold to 0 - no infinite parts will spawn then. I wasn't planning on making this setting into a mod setting since it's tied to angel's ores only.

6 years ago

Well I already am setting it in the config to 1, which according to the config, should make it stop spawning: "should be between 0 and 1 - 0 means all nodes are infinite, 1 or more will result with no infinite nodes"
And it was that kind of workaround i was hoping for, though it's up to you whether or not you feel like adding it as a "dirty" way of doing things. I would appreciate though an enable disable config for angels ores~, but don't go out of your wait to implement such a thing just for me.

6 years ago

Hmm I looked at code and indeed setting it to 1 should make them not spawn. Is it working?
I could move this setting to mod settings system to make it easier to use.

6 years ago

Thank you very much for going through with this! <3

6 years ago

Not only does this work, it's also a very handy work around for a current bug in which if you disable the infinite ore spawn of angel ores then Petrochem throws an error and refuses to load.

New response