by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

12 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g Dependencies, I'm confused?!

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hey orzelek,

I like the idea of your mod and I installed it a while ago, but it almost feels like it isn't working for me, as I found no additional oil during a 10 minute scouting trip from my first (very small) oil outpost. So I checked the mod menu again and while the name of RSO is white, I realized it has several dependencies, none of which I have installed.

So, usually I would just download them, but when I looked at them I got confused. What does RSO have to do with MAIN-DyTech-Machine? Or Core-DyTech-Core? Or bobenemies?

I would like to ask you to add a list of actual dependencies in the information page.

7 years ago

There are no actual dependencies. All of them have ? which means they are optional.
Not finding oil nearby is possible - might be a bit of bad luck.
I would recommend some radar mods (RSO radar or BigBrother among others) to make scouting for ores much more automated.

7 years ago

Alright, thanks. I personally think that the starting area should have one good patch of oil in it, to give players the time to properly establish a working oil refinery.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Starting area should have 2 patches of oil in it. Thats the goal that generator tries to achieve. If it failed to do that they might not be there - I'd need to see the save file to figure it out.

New response