Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g How do you know

7 years ago

what settings to make for any given mod? Like the nuclear power mods, the nuclear ores only spawn outside of the starting area. Or in bob's mods, the rutile, cobalt, and other endgame ores are also banned from the starting area, but a patch of tin and galena/lead will always appear. Do you talk to the mod authors, or do you just read the data from their mods somehow?

I ask because I'm planning on releasing a mod soon that has some custom ores, and want them to not spawn in the starting area.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I'm trying to read the autoplace and check if starting area is defined there or not.
It changed a bit with 0.14 and now it might be easier to read from ore definition if it's done similar to base game ores.
Richness/size/allotment are guesswork a bit - they are interconnected since richness is multplied by coefficient based on size to give total amount of ore in a patch (with some random variety applied also). Allotment I'm basing on coverage from vanilla definitions mostly by comparing to what I have for vanilla.

Vanilla ore defs have some explanation in comments so you might go there and read a bit. Let me know if something is strange/confusing etc and I'll try to fix it - I'd prefer further discussion to be done on RSO forums for easier handling.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I finally released the mod I was developing.. a whole 3 months ago. I was wondering if 0.15 would drop before then... but anyways.. I don't know if this is necessary, but I was using this config in rso to test. I think it works as it should.. kinda copied from the Uranium ore mod, since it should be about that sparse.

This is my mod here

6 years ago

I'm hoping that 0.15 will be up in week or two so I wasn't planning more RSO updates.
I'll add the config to first 0.15 version.

New response