Resource Spawner Overhaul

by orzelek

Overhauls resource spawning system.

19 days ago
0.14 - 1.1

g World Generation Settings

7 years ago

What are good suggestion for world generation using this mod?

7 years ago

It's a very broad question :)
Try to use defaults first and look around the map to see how ores generate.
Then you can decide about chaning some map gen settings or config stuff like ore size/richness.

You can use those two console commands to quickly look at map:
/c game.forces.player.chart(game.player.surface, {left_top = {x = -1024, y = -1024}, right_bottom = {x = 1024, y = 1024}})
/c game.player.character=god

First one will reveal big map area, second one allows you to move around without character.

7 years ago

I will be more specific =D

I want to have a good main base, where I can enough resources to not worry for a while, until i get to the expensive stuff. After that I need to use train to bring in new resources. When I do a new base with train, I wont need to do another for a long while.

I only finished campaign on hard mode 0.12 and once made the rocket in normal mode (everything in regular, didnt need to make train). I want it to be harder then my first playthrough and to use some of the new shinny train capability of 0.13.

So, basically i want a somewhat hader capability for my next game, then a even harder one for my third playthrough. What do you suggest for those scenarios? =D

7 years ago

I´ve expanded my question on this reddit post if anyone willing to help me: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/4r88wr/suggestions_for_world_generation_settings_with_rso/

7 years ago

Personally I leave iron, coal, stone and copper to default, I set biter richness to poor and there spawning to high. Oil richness to low (one lower then default). In my experience this gives me enough resources to comfortably reach trains while having to keep a worrying eye for biters. Once you reach trains you should start looking around for new outposts as your oil supplies won't last long and iron and coal run out pretty soon to once you've reached trains (unless you got lucky and had a unusually large field). I personally also suggest using the oil tanker mod for trains so you don't have to keep building refineries, just ship everything to your 'main' factory.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Sorry but I can't be helpful with vanilla settings really.
I usually play heavily modded with science cost increased and other fun stuff.

It's also hard to gather data from people - there are many varied opinions :D

New response