Resource Map Label Marker

by kizrak

Creates resource map label markers when chunks get generated and charted. See resources through fog of war. Please review settings and consult details below before starting!! ๐Ÿš€ #icon #resources #map #reveal #label #markers #chunks #generated #chart #tag #map #ore #count #fog of war

Utilities
9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g tags disappearing?

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Somehow old resource fields lost their tag and it cannot be regenerated with retag. Newly charted/generated chunks will have fields with tags.
Any idea how I can debug this, I guess another mod is messing around with the functionality...

https://imgur.com/a/sCnq3xq

When I use retag then I get a lot of lines in the factorio-log but somehow the tag is not generated.
2140.709 Script @resourceMarker/control.lua:250: 234 & { icon = { name = "iron-ore", type = "item" }, position = { x = 2512, y = 1040 }, text = "Iron ore 3.5M" }

2 months ago

Hello Maeximus, ๐Ÿ‘‹

From the image, it looks like that isn't the starting area, which was maybe my first thought.
How big is the map? I wonder if there is a limit on the number of tags and that got hit somehow? But if that was the case, I'd expect retag to miss one edge/side of the map, unlike the image.
What other mods do you have? Can you list them all with versions? Or better, a save file (as those automatically include all of the mods and their versions).
Was a new mod added recently? Maybe include a save file where everything was working, and a save when it stopped working.

FWIW, I'm mostly in maintenance mode for these mods (until the expansion is near ๐ŸŽ‰).
However, I do review pull requests on the git repo if that is your thing.

๐Ÿงก

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Hey kizrak, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I deleted my old saves so I cannot say what caused the deletion of the map tags. I imagine that the maps are about middle-sized for a big base, nothing overboarding like solar arrays...
Whats very curious is that I have a save where the old tags got deleted and then I removed the mod, did a save without the mod and installed the mod again. Now the tags are back but with some weird numbers (only a fraction of the contents) and also not centered on the middle of the ore: https://imgur.com/vp3b1N1 (the Coal 101k has the correct size, the others are much bigger).

I also have a link to this save in case you're interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1axRXRdBdkHlI0jZ5bx6NBG0T5AKHO2yX/view?usp=sharing
Also I fully understand that there might not be a fix until the expansion - I just try my luck. ;-)

Also with enough time I will try and figure out how it works but its always hard to comprehend foreign code =)

2 months ago

I've added this to my issues list.

Thank you! ๐Ÿ‘

2 months ago

So Resource Map Label Marker is not installed on that save you sent... ๐Ÿ˜•

Can you send a save the has my mod and is producing the issue before/after a retag? ๐Ÿ’พ

2 months ago

Sorry for the inconvenience, I replied directly to the github issue with the correct savegame.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Thanks ๐Ÿฐ

New response