Resource Map Label Marker

by kizrak

Creates resource map label markers when chunks get generated and charted. See resources through fog of war. Please review settings and consult details below before starting!! πŸš€ #icon #resources #map #reveal #label #markers #chunks #generated #chart #tag #map #ore #count #fog of war

Utilities
5 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Crash - Py Mod pack Feb22

2 years ago

Hi received the following crash when running Pyanadons mod package (new Feb22 version - refer to their discord Py Preview thread). The error occurred when creating a new map. There was no crash when loading an existing save (where the labels are already detailed).

The mod Resource Map Label Marker (0.7.26 caused a non recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event resourceMarker::on_init()
resourceMarker/countrol.lua:429: bad argument #1 of 3 to 'sort' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'sort'
resourceMarker/control.lua:429: in function 'calculateIconTypes'
resourceMarker/control.lua:496: in function
<resourceMarker/control.lua:495:

2 years ago

This mod is mostly sunset. If you can narrow down the reproduction to this mod and one other mod (so I don't have to narrow it down) and post it here, next time I have time to dedicate to this, I will look into addressing it. πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’» I also accept Pull Requests to the repo on GitHub if you or the author of the other mod wish to provide a fix. 🧑 Thank you for reporting.

2 years ago

Thanks Kizrak,

I think I've managed to identify a similar issue with another map marker mod, someone posted the following in the Py discord:
https://github.com/dbeckwith/factorio-resource-map-markers/pull/3

Not sure if this will help with your mod.

Thanks for your help :)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I just released 0.7.28 completely untested that should include a fix for this. πŸ§ͺ Please let me know if you have any problems. πŸ‘

2 years ago

Thanks Kizrak - Looks like it works now. :)

2 years ago

Yay! πŸ₯³

New response