Resource Map Label Marker

by kizrak

Creates resource map label markers when chunks get generated and charted. See resources through fog of war. Please review settings and consult details below before starting!! πŸš€ #icon #resources #map #reveal #label #markers #chunks #generated #chart #tag #map #ore #count #fog of war

Utilities
3 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g No tags in Space Exploration

2 years ago

Just started a brand new game, in current version, and there are no resource tags.

Mod works, as I tried the commands in the Information tab, however, resources are not getting tagged.

Known issue?

2 years ago

Disregard. I had map labels off.

face palm

2 years ago

All good πŸ˜ƒ

a month ago

Specifically to this topic the marker disappear after trimming a World (What makes sense)
but they don't reappear. So there are markers from the initial generation,
but no further marker are created after trimming the world.

Space Exploration: v.0.0.125T570
Resource Map Label Marker: v0.7.31

Is this an issue still or are my settings maybe off ?

a month ago

You could try the retag command, but be careful that it currently clears all tags (not just RMLM tags).
I haven't checked the code, but IIRC, the mod remembers which chunks it has processes to prevent duplicate processing, so the second time a chunk gets re-generated, the mod probably ignores it.
What happens if you explore beyond the area that was trimmed? πŸ€”

a month ago

"You could try the retag command, but be careful that it currently clears all tags (not just RMLM tags). "
- We can't do that since we have so many other own tags which are important to remember stuff

When we go beyond the trimmed area the tags are gone as well. No further tags are created/placed.
I as well tried it on a different (surface deleted) planet (*If that is some relevant information)
and it behaves the same as it doesn't recreated the tags on the patches

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Do you have a save file before trimming the world? πŸ’Ύ
If you go to that save world and trim again, is the behavior reproducible?

P.S. I'm kind of in maintenance mode for this mod β€” I do accept Pull Requests! πŸš€
But this is probably like the 4th request where smarter retagging might alleviate the problem.....

a month ago

I sadly do not have one. Its already like 50h in the past on our save and we just accepted it so far
as it being either a bug or an issue of the engine and how chunks are generated/treated by the mod.

We started a new SE save 2 days ago and are well on our way to shoot our first rocket.
I will have this new save before and after a ready trim for you; If there is still a need by then.

Smart Retagging would be nice since after trimming a planet it seems to completely negate the usefulness of the mod.

New response