Resource Map Label Marker

by kizrak

Creates resource map label markers when chunks get generated and charted. See resources through fog of war. Please review settings and consult details below before starting!! πŸš€ #icon #resources #map #reveal #label #markers #chunks #generated #chart #tag #map #ore #count #fog of war

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Dynamic labels

3 years ago

Hi, just a question.

Didn't this mod use to update the resource tags dynamically when the patches got mined and available resources lowered?
I might be mistaken and remember wrong, but I'm so sure that the numbers on the labels used go down...

Sweet mod btw!

3 years ago

I've always intended it to be the original "first seen" value, so you can roughly tell how much of the ore/resource patch has been collected/mined. 🧑

3 years ago

+1 from me for updating labels. Maybe then an excellent solution would be to display both indicators through a slash, for example "123k / 567k"?

3 years ago

Currently this mod is ultra lite on UPS and adding that type of feature would drastically change the UPS profile. Not only that, but right now the code is very slim and this style of feature would probably double the code (and triple the bugs/maintenance time/etc.) that I'd like to avoid. Sorry! 🧑

As a work around, if you want to update the markers and don't use map labels for anything else, you can run /resourcemarker retag when you open the map (or want an update); but on a bigger map this could lock your UPS for a bit. 😲

New response