Resource Map Label Marker

by kizrak

Creates resource map label markers when chunks get generated and charted. See resources through fog of war. Please review settings and consult details below before starting!! 🚀 #icon #resources #map #reveal #label #markers #chunks #generated #chart #tag #map #ore #count #fog of war

Utilities
9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g How to remove all labels, in case you want to.

4 years ago

To delete all labels on the mini map -
/c for _,tag in pairs(game.player.force.find_chart_tags(game.player.surface)) do tag.destroy() end

Had to use this finally to get rid of the triple labels (not sure why that happened)

4 years ago

There was a version (not in the latest) that had a bug where it would/could generate multiple labels. The newest version should only add labels once per force per chunk.

Thanks for the tip!

4 years ago

Thank you for the update. I'll keep an eye out if that happens again :)

4 years ago

Is there a way to get rid of the labels without disabling achievements? I installed this to make the 20-some-odd resources I've got from Bob's mods easier to sort out, but the icons are similar and in many cases similarly colored, and the icons block the patches on the map so I can't mouse over them to get the tooltip telling me what they are. I'd like to get them off the map, but I'm actually trying to get some achievements this play through.

4 years ago

@Slaymeister Achievements are already disabled if you are using mods.

@ ironhair Thanks for the script share to remove them all, that is what I was digging for.

4 years ago

I've added this to my TODO list...

4 years ago

@Slaymeister Achievements are already disabled if you are using mods.

only steam achievements are disabled when using mods.
local achievements (including those from "additional achievement" mods, which otherwise wouldn't make sense) are still counted until you use a "/c" command in the console.
other commands like vanilla "/color" or some mod's command "/cleanup_mod_xyz_items" are also allowed.

4 years ago

Fixed in v0.5.14:
Changes:
- New /clear-map-tags-and-data command that will delete/reset all map tags and mod data

3 years ago

Hey thanks! And thank you for an awesome mod!

New response