Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

by Kirazy

Reskins items, entities, and technologies within Bob's mods to add tier colors and icon labeling. Features high-res icons and updated sprites to align with vanilla Factorio, and supports player-customizable tier labels, colors and mapping. Part of the Artisanal Reskins series.

Tweaks
16 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1

b [Fixed] Icon outside of spritesheet

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

35.844 Error Util.cpp:83: Icon mipmap 1 is outside of spritesheet: reskins-bobs/graphics/technology/warfare/radar/radar-technology-base.png

in combination with "cache-sprite-atlas" setting on the rest menu the mipmap seems to have issues.

Result: game crashes with above announcement in a popup.

Mods used is a big list; but this is the reskins version im using.

reskins-library 1.1.5
reskins-bobs 1.1.7
reskins-angels 1.1.5

Maxreader suggested; The issue happens when mods assume the level of mipmaps that they should be getting from vanilla, or apply their own mipmap changes improperly

3 years ago

I can't get this to repro, so can't check it, but if you could download the dev version from https://github.com/kirazy/reskins-bobs/tree/dev and check if the issue is resolved that would be appreciated.

3 years ago

This is allegedly fixed as of 1.1.8.

2 years ago

Unfortunately for me, it's still crashing with the same errors (yes I've updated Factorio and all mods).

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Could you try clearing your cache manually by disabling the option and restarting the game, then re-enabling the option and seeing if the issue persists?

Because this is all that I have in my log file that isn't mipmapped properly when I load the full suite of mods I reskin:

37.395 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 23)
  37.513 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 128x128} from __Dectorio__/graphics/technology/basic-wall.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {128,0; 64x64} which is out of bounds of the source image.
  43.437 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 128x128} from __bobelectronics__/graphics/icons/technology/advanced-electronics-2.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {128,0; 64x64} which is out of bounds of the source image.
  43.437 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 128x128} from __bobelectronics__/graphics/icons/technology/advanced-electronics.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {128,0; 64x64} which is out of bounds of the source image.
  43.437 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 128x128} from __bobelectronics__/graphics/icons/technology/electronics.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {128,0; 64x64} which is out of bounds of the source image.
  43.549 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 128x128} from __mini-machines__/graphics/technology/mini-beacon.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {128,0; 64x64} which is out of bounds of the source image.
  44.561 Sprites loaded
2 years ago

To be honest I don't know how to do this in Factorio (till now the only cache I've ever heard of were those in the browser). Could you write a short instruction where is that option?

2 years ago

To access the hidden settings, you need to:

1. From the main menu, hold down CTRL+ALT and click on "Settings".
  2. At the bottom of the settings menu, there will be a "The rest" option. Click this.
  3. Scroll down to the "Graphics settings" category, and the third option down is the cache-sprite-atlas option.

If your error is the same, this should already be checked. If it is not already checked, please post a screenshot of your error message.

But if it is checked, uncheck it and reload the game with the desired mod loadout, and then re-enable the setting and reload the game to see if the error repros.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

It was not checked, for some reason I don't have the option to attach screenshot so I'll write below everything that I'm getting:

Error loading mods

Failed to load mods: The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=64x64) is outside the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
If this is being used as an icon you may need to define the icon_size property.: bobmods_gfxtweak_ldinc/graphics/icons/warfare/acid-bullet-magazine.png

Mods to be disabled:
angelsexploration (0.3.10)
bobmods_gfxtweak_ldinc (0.20.3) [] Reset mod settings
bobwarfare (1.1.3) [] Reset mod settings
reskins-boba (1.1.8) [] Reset mod settings
*aai-vehicles-warden (0.5.3)

That's all.

2 years ago

Ah, this is a mod conflict (not the error in the OP, fortunately for you!).

Specifically bobmods_gfxtweak_Idinc is conflicting with reskins-bobs. Considering that everything Bob's Mods : Alternate Textures does, Artisanal Reskins: Bob's mods also does, you may want to just disable it.

If, for some reason, you prefer the assets added by Bob's Mods : Alternate Textures, you may toggle off the reskinning of Bob's Electronics and Bob's Warfare under startup settings (while Bob's Mods : Alternate Textures is disabled) to resolve the conflict.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Wow, you are right, because there were 5 mods to be disabled each time I fought that it's something different. Thank you and sorry for bothering you :P
As for which one to choose, I'll give it a try for your mod but I see already some things that looked better in Bob's Alternate like "end game stuff" are a little too bright in my opinion.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Sorry, I can't delete the second message.

2 years ago

As for which one to choose, I'll give it a try for your mod but I see already some things that looked better in Bob's Alternate like "end game stuff" are a little too bright in my opinion.

Which in particular?

2 years ago

Which in particular?

Green buildings like roboport or Storage Tank, and turrets (all levels).

2 years ago

When I'm done with this quarter I plan to revisit some entities, but in the mean time the apparent brightness can be improved if, under Artisanal Reskins: Library's startup settings, you change the setting Color intensity from Vibrant to Soft.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Czarniak, you'll be happy to know that I'm going to revise every color mask, with an eye to resolving the problem that bothers you.

This is where things are headed (some tint adjustments as well) with the next update in August:

As to the original issue about the sprite sheet bounds, I'm going to consider that fixed...

New response