Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

by Kirazy

Reskins items, entities, and technologies within Bob's mods to add tier colors and icon labeling. Features high-res icons and updated sprites to align with vanilla Factorio, and supports player-customizable tier labels, colors and mapping. Part of the Artisanal Reskins series.

Tweaks
6 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Heads up!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Quoting yourself:
Perusing your code 'cause I'm nosy, saw an issue:

I noticed on autoplace menu some icons are off (sulfur) and angels infinite ores show the dear auld icons, so....

In entity.ores.ores-updates.lua

--[[
local ores = {
-- Pure Bob's
"ground-water",
"lithia-water",
"lead-ore",
"rutile-ore",
"sulfur",
"thorium-ore",
"tin-ore",
"bauxite-ore",
"cobalt-ore",
"gold-ore",
"nickel-ore",
"quartz",
"silver-ore",
"tungsten-ore",
"zinc-ore",
}

for _, name in pairs(ores) do
-- Check for autoplace controls, skip if it does not exist
local control = data.raw["autoplace-control"][name]
local control_infinite = data.raw["autoplace-control"]["infinite-" .. name]
if not control then goto continue end
if not control_infinite then goto continue end

-- Setup rich text localized name
control.localised_name = {"", "[item=".. name .."] ", {"entity-name.".. name}}
if mods ["angelsinfiniteores"] then
    control_infinite.localised_name = {"", "[item=".. name .."] ", {"entity-name.".. "infinite-" .. name}}
end

-- Label to skip to next iteration
::continue::

end
--]]

Changing the source image for rich text from entity to item fixes the issue.
BTW these few lines of code helped me a lot in understanding how for loops work, thanks man

3 years ago

This is probably out of scope for this mod, and should be handled in reskins-angels, but the Angels dev branch already sets up these icons. I'll see what needs doing.

3 years ago

Not really, as you wrote in the comment "pure bob" many people plays pure bob plus infinite ores, i use the angel dev branch myself (0.9.9), though it uses the base bob low res icons

3 years ago

I actually need to do something different for this, I need to properly reskin Infinite Ores, lol.

3 years ago

LOL, how it comes? I did some testing and the icons on the autoplace menu look fair if the source is item rather than entity, also i didn't notice any difference in-game between finite and infinite entities tbh (nor that i even looked for any xD)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

They're using Bob's sprites for the ores (and then have a really clumsy glow layer on top of it):

So technically speaking the icons are correct for what's there... :D

3 years ago

I'm thinking this will go in reskins-compatibility rather than reskins-angels.

3 years ago

LOL!!! That's messed up!
Yh i agree with you, compatibility would be sweet as it won't confuse non-angelbob users

New response