Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

by Kirazy

Reskins items, entities, and technologies within Bob's mods to add tier colors and icon labeling. Features high-res icons and updated sprites to align with vanilla Factorio, and supports player-customizable tier labels, colors and mapping. Part of the Artisanal Reskins series.

Tweaks
4 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1

g [In-progress] Gas Venting Pump

3 years ago

First of all, thanks for this amazing mod

I noticed you mentioned a new model for the gas venting pump in the description, yet the gas venting pump still has the old look, am i missing something?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yuoki has provided one but I haven't actually put it in. I'm not in love with it and playing around with it.

It's one of a few things that have entities made up but not in a state I want to release them yet.

3 years ago

yh i thought it wasn't included yet as i couldn't find any reference nor sprites in the zip, btw this looks very much like GotLag's flare stacks

3 years ago

His flare stacks are from the vanilla Oil Refinery, which is something I considered doing but clipping it out of the refinery is difficult and doesn't produce very good results. I may end up modeling something myself (I'm rather better at it than I was 5 months ago when I got these from Yuoki).

3 years ago

That'll be great mate.
BTW i have a suggestion, i think you should write down a "guide" on how to integrate your lib in other mods (icon tiering, masking and such) that'll be sweet, i'm working on a flow control extended mod for bob's logistic, i've scrapped some code from older mods, fixed stats for different pipes, made the pipes use your sprites (if your mod is present) added options etc etc, and really wanted to add tiered icons for extra compatibility but still didn't get a grasp on it as it's quite tricky

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The logic behind the function is that you pass it an "inputs" table with an icon field which is either a string, or a table of IconData field(s) and a tier_labels field (which is a boolean, true/false), so for example:

inputs = {
  tier_labels = true,
  icon = {
    {
      icon = "filename.png",
      icon_size = 64,
      icon_mipmaps = 4,
    }
  }
}

reskins.lib.append_tier_labels(1, inputs)

data.raw.item["your-item-name"].icons = inputs.icon

Is one way to use it. The function doesn't return anything, just inserts the tier labels into whatever icons table you feed it. If you don't feed it an icons table, e.g. you feed it a string, it'll convert it into the icons format. The library can be used by anyone but the design philosophy was around how my setup functions pass IconData to each other and then everything is assigned by assign_icons. I'd personally recommend using the assign_icons function as doing so guarantees fully and correctly defined icons fields.

3 years ago

For icon masking, do you mean how to structure your files and how to call the functions to make use of the masks and apply whatever the colors are for a given tier (since those can be whatever)?

3 years ago

Nah, i was just generally speaking, you know some sort of reference sheet for modders

3 years ago

I can improve the documentation and give some examples. No guarantees on timeline, though. :) Always available to answer questions, however.

3 years ago

No probz, i was just sayin, thanks for the tiering explanation

New response