Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

by Kirazy

Reskins items, entities, and technologies within Bob's mods to add tier colors and icon labeling. Features high-res icons and updated sprites to align with vanilla Factorio, and supports player-customizable tier labels, colors and mapping. Part of the Artisanal Reskins series.

Tweaks
6 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1

g [Resolved] Problem with stack inserters

3 years ago

Great mod all around, really improves visuals in Seablock. One small issue is the stack inserters look very similar to the regular inserters. I checked the box to flip them horizontal without any effect.

One other small issue is the recoloring of circuits. Brown and Green circuits are both red with the artisanal reskin, making them hard to distinguish on belts and other places. The green - red - blue progression is very familiar. Bobs adds brown and black. Would it be possible to keep the standard progression and reskin the brown and black? If not, reskinning brown and green to red and something other than red would be most helpful.

Thanks for the great mod!

3 years ago

One small issue is the stack inserters look very similar to the regular inserters. I checked the box to flip them horizontal without any effect.

Do you mean that it didn't flip them, or that even when flipped it wasn't clear which was a stack inserter?

One other small issue is the recoloring of circuits. Brown and Green circuits are both red with the artisanal reskin, making them hard to distinguish on belts and other places. The green - red - blue progression is very familiar. Bobs adds brown and black. Would it be possible to keep the standard progression and reskin the brown and black? If not, reskinning brown and green to red and something other than red would be most helpful.

My understanding is Seablock includes Circuit Processing, which further complicates the circuit situation. As it happens I am improving compatibility with circuit processing, and also the standard progression of green -> blue -> red is being added as an option as well. I intend to have it all working properly by December when I next release.

It also resolves an issue where the Circuit Processing circuits are reskinned and not Bob's circuits (in part because of the way that Circuit Processing takes the internal items back and makes entire new ones for Bob).

I am thinking that I will have the color progression for Circuit Processing match that of circuits, so that the components for each are similarly colored.

3 years ago

On the subject of Stack Inserters, for 1.1 I have changed the icon for stack inserters when using Bob's inserter overhaul. This should make them visually distinct from regular inserters. If you're on 1.1, how are they now?

New response