Redrawn Space Compatibility

by Kryzeth

Features several compatibility patches between Redrawn Space Connections, Cosmic Social Distancing, and various other planet/space age mods, including Asteroid Belt, Outer Rim, Metal and Stars, Shattered Planet, Void Processing, Nexus Endgame Extended, Dea Dia System, and Dyson Sphere

Tweaks
2 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
9.89K
Planets

i [Fixed] Planet accessibility

a month ago

So I have a bunch of planetary mods installed for 2.1, Redrawn Space Connections but no Asteroid Belt. After me recently updating all the mods, Paracelsin is now on the shortest path to Fulgora (two hops), everything else is 3 or more. Problem: path to Fulgora now contains big asteroids which results in explosions.

Ideally paths without big asteroids in the "before" map should remain big asteroids free in "after" one.

I think this is the set of planets required to reproduce the issue

 - space-age
 - Redrawn-Space-Connections 2.5.0
 - redrawn-space-compat-fixes 1.1.11
 - outer-rim
 - Paracelsin
 - bellicos-and-aegis
 - Arcanyx

I did this for now.

        local nauvis_fulgora = data.raw["space-connection"]["nauvis-fulgora"]
        if nauvis_fulgora then
            nauvis_fulgora.redrawn_connections_keep = true
        end
a month ago
(updated 15 days ago)

That.. is an awful starmap to look at. I wanna say there's a very good reason that Asteroid Belt is Recommended with Outer Rim, and this might be one of the biggest examples for that.

All of the planets under Outer Rim's umbrella are generally considered "outer planets", or at the very least, mid-to-late-game planets, that should all be.. in the outer area of the starmap (i.e. near Aquilo, SSEdge, etc), and Outer Rim without an asteroid belt pulls them in way too close to the inner planets.

There's an argument to be made here, that this configuration simply shouldn't be supported under any conditions, but since the detection and solution is simple enough, I suppose I can implement it.

EDIT: I stand corrected; this configuration appears to be perfectly acceptable without RSCompat enabled. I was over-correcting for something that had been fixed at some point by Outer Rim; just removed that code entirely. Fixed in v1.1.12

I probably won't be accounting for planets that are plopped near the inner planets with big asteroids, since those should naturally be placed near the outer planets. This was more of a one-time issue, I believe

New response