Data Exporter to JSON

Outputs|Exports a JSON file to /script-output/recipe-lister that lists all recipes, crafting machines, mining drills, belts, inserters, resources, items, fluids, and technologies loaded on player creation. Settings for split files and toggles for each category

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g No export?!?

5 years ago

Hello.

This might be a noob question but I can't find the exported file anywhere.

From what i could gather, then the exported file should be somewhere in %appdata%/factorio/script-output (i'm on windows).
But there is no such folder.
I even tried searching my harddisks for "script-output" and "crafting_data.json" but i found nothing.
I'm using the experimental branch of factorio (steam) version 0.17.31 and i get no errors on load.

5 years ago

Oh.
Never mind, I figured it out.
It might be a good idea to note in the mod description that the export happens when starting a new game, not on loading a save game :)

5 years ago

where did you find it?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

where did you find it?

It was indeed located in %appdata%\Factorio\script-output\recipe-lister
The mod was just not generating any files because i was loading a save game, and not starting a new game.

5 years ago

Thanks!!

5 years ago

@GrandPhoenix the file is created when the player is created on the map, which AFAIK only happens at the start of a new save (or when a player first joined a map, but why would you do that?). You will get a console|chat message when the file is generated. I've changed descriptions, hopefully it's clear enough now.

New response