Outputs signals for enemies when placed near a radar

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

i Compatibility with Bob's radars ?

3 years ago

Hi there !
Although your mod recognises modded radars from Bob's mod ( Warfare ), it doesn't notice the increased visibility range. It's not that bad IMHO. Since I only need a signal about close enemies. Distant already "de-fogged" are not my concern. So ... it might be interesting to know the actual detection range of your radar signal combinator. Maybe you should add a Roboport like colored area to show the range ? As an bonus a slider to decrease the maximum detection range would be great. In that case, I could add two or more of your combinators with different settings next to a single radar to scan for different threat levels.

Just my two cents

Thanks for your mod !

3 years ago

Hi
Thanks for your feedback!
The range is based on the parameter max_distance_of_sector_revealed which has to be set by the mod itself. It can not be changed at runtime so a dynamic increase is not possible.
For logic reason the combinater should always use the range given by the scanner.

You should ask the other mod autor to adjust the given parameter to the correct value.

BR
Darkcry

3 years ago

Hmmm. Too bad...

I have taken a quick look into your code. Since you rely on the radar coverage map for counting units, perhaps you could determine the position of the radar and the position of the enemy unit. If the difference is bigger than the chosen max scan radius, the enemy unit is not counted. This way, you could still be able to limit the scan radius like I have suggested in my OP.

The incorrect setting of max_distance_of_sector_revealed by Bob's Warfare mod is in this case just another topic.

Anyway. Thanks for your very fast reply.

New response