by Darkcry

Outputs signals for enemies when placed near a radar

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

b With 200+ radar combinators stuck every 4 seconds for ~second

4 years ago

I use your awesome mod for autodisable defence system for my base, now I have ~250 combinators
And with 1000 stun is 5-7 seconds!
I rewrote control.lua for support updating combinators every tick equals parts and in clean map with 3K combinators I have 15fps.
Would you accept my changes to your mod please?

4 years ago

can you post the code? or upload the file somewhere? if i can approved it i will patch the mod

4 years ago

TY sir! I test/refact the code and upload somwhere in midnigt

4 years ago

Sorry for intruding, I turn on my pumpkin and realize uniform distribution if combinators is less than half and uniform spaces if 0.5 < c < 1. Because fps for my main base begin do waves, up and down. Because all combinators is calc in end gigatick. Same link.

4 years ago

3 days of testing - all good and stable

4 years ago

FWIW, another strategy is to process a fixed (and, annoyingly, normally user configurable) number of radar each tick. That lets users tune it to something that won't hurt their own computer, and means that you get consistent game performance by slowing down combinator updates when you add more items.

You might also want to look at using next to walk over the table -- it is relatively simple -- which you can see an example of here: https://github.com/justarandomgeek/nixie-tubes/blob/master/control.lua#L302

4 years ago

i patched the mod with the suggested changes. but i agree there is more to do. like update more often but not all radars at once. but if the mod is used to control a defence system it also should not take too long.

New response