Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

i Compatibility with Scanning Radar?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi,

I like the mod's idea, as it gets me some hard data about enemies and lets me put up speakers to know when an attack might be coming. However, it seems like the mod doesn't work with Scanning Radar's namesake radars.

Does the signal reader only work with radar entities that use the "passive" style of revealing a constant area, or does it pick up enemies and bases from all revealed tiles, even those that are scanned and soon removed from vision? Because it doesn't seem like it finds anything with Scanning Radars.

5 years ago

Hi
the mod work with all items of type "radar". but the actual scan is done every 4 seconds for the whole scannable area defined by max_distance_of_sector_revealed parameter or 14 as the default radar.
the mod Scanning Radars has set max_distance_of_sector_revealed to 0 and so it will not be used by my mod. since Scanning Radars uses already signals it would be great if it would also output the amount of found entities.

5 years ago

I had looked into providing output however the way one has to abuse existing entities to make them kinda do what you want has made this difficult. Might work with a companion entity, like what you do, in order provide output.

New response