Pyanodons Raw Ores

Unlock advanced mining, processing, and refining for the various ore types. Each resource has a completely unique chain with dozens of byproducts. The more effort used, the more you can extract.

Overhaul
a month ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g coal removed from mapgen autoplace

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I noticed that, as of version 2.0.6 of pyrawores, in base-updates.lua, coal was removed from the mapgen autoplace settings. Since that's kind of a major thing, and it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, I was just wondering what that was about.

I'm able to load 2.0.5 and then I see regular "coal" in the mapgen settings, but none is spawned on any map, only the raw coal is (many different seeds used).

Thank you!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

well, i guess i found the answer:

https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=482293#p482293

even though the date on the forum post is 2020-02-29, and the change made in 2.0.6 of pyrawores was 2020-04-13. hmmm

4 years ago

we (really i did it) removed coal from spawning on the map awhile ago but i forgot to remove it from the new game menu as well so although it showed in the menu that slider didnt do anything. given that useless options are useless i removed it. did the same thing with vanilla crude oil as well.

4 years ago

ah, that explains it. i thought i was going crazy! i understand from otakushowboat that you are busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest, so i appreciate your response, and i applaud the work you are doing with this modpack. Thanks!

New response