Pyanodons Raw Ores

Unlock advanced mining, processing, and refining for the various ore types. Each resource has a completely unique chain with dozens of byproducts. The more effort used, the more you can extract.

Overhaul
24 days ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g Lead Ore Processing Levels 2 and 3 are not worth the effort

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I like the "the more you put effort, the more you extract" idea which is in the mod description. However, for lead processing there seems to be a balancing error which makes level 2 and 3 processing chains obsolete on its own without the use of modules (which by the way are not available at that stage) and without further processing.

I tested the following setups:
A) 600 ore -> foundry (hot air smelting)-> 300 plates

B) 600 ore -> automated screener (grade 1 lead) -> foundry (hot air smelting) -> 300 plates

C) 600 ore -> automated screener (grade 1 lead) -> impact crusher (grade 2 lead) <-> automated screener (grade 3 lead) -> secondary crusher (lead dust) -> electric arc furnace (molten lead) -> casting unit -> 200 plates + 3 lead dust + 96 molten lead = 271.25 plates

The math is: 3 lead dust = 3/4 x 62 molten lead = 46.5 molten lead; which makes a total of 142.5 molten lead = 142.5/100 x 50 plates = 71.25 plates

So we have for A) and B) a ratio of 2:1 (50% yield) and for C) we have 2.21:1 (45.2% yield). With helmod the calculated yield for C) is even lower (44.3%). So the recipe is more effort, more machines, more energy while investing another ~43 Coke, ~17 Borax and ~6 Castings (using 600 ore), so totally not worth it.

The recipes should be reworked to properly fit in the philosophy of the mod.

Ninja-Edit: Mods are all up to date as of today (Py Raw Ores 1.8.6), using full Py-Suite + QoL, fixed typos

4 years ago

Nothing about this?

4 years ago

here we go again with the balancing math .......
also py is working on AL now so he is sorta unavailable for stuff like this , ill see what i can do

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I see you updated. But it is worse now...

https://imgur.com/a/0P00QI8

For Setup A) we have 2:1 (50% yield)
For Setup B) we have 5:1 (20% yield)
For Setup C) we have 1.86:1 (53% yield)

4 years ago

a - didn t change
c - is better
b- py did a mistake here since i meant to make 4 gr1 to 10 plats , ill tell him this

4 years ago

yup, obviously I was just referring to b)

4 years ago

look it up it is fixed

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'll have a look - see next post.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've looked at the Update. The order is still messed up. Updated the Imgur post. Also find it here separately:
https://imgur.com/6Ycek0Q

For Setup A) we have 2:1 (50% yield)
For Setup B) we have 1.66:1 (60% yield)
For Setup C) we have 1.86:1 (53% yield)

So again. C is worse than B. From my point ov view, we should have A and B each decreased by 1.5 or 2 plates.

New response