Pyanodons Post Processing

Post-processing steps for Pyanodons modpack. Overhauls the technology tree to make sure prerequisites are set based on unlocked recipes.

Internal
8 days ago

b "Error loading mods" while game start after Py Post-processing enabled

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

UPDATE: Self solved. Bob's Power mod conflicts.

Do I need install some unwritten dependencies MOD? Or conflicted something?

Failed to load mod "pypostprocessing": pypostprocessing/prototypes/functions/data_parser.lua:713: attempt to call method 'add_fluid_fuels' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pypostprocessing/prototypes/functions/data_parser.lua:713: in function 'add_generator_recipe'
pypostprocessing/prototypes/functions/data_parser.lua:457: in function 'parse_item'
pypostprocessing/prototypes/functions/data_parser.lua:165: in function 'parse_recipe'
pypostprocessing/prototypes/functions/data_parser.lua:116: in function 'run'
pypostprocessing/prototypes/functions/auto_tech.lua:34: in function 'run'
pypostprocessing/data-final-fixes.lua:144: in main chunk

Installed mod:
Auto Research 5.2.1
Bob's functions Library mod 1.1.5
Bob's Mining mod 1.1.3
Bob's Power mod 1.1.5
Factorio Library 0.11.2
Factorio Standard Library 1.4.7
Helmod: assistant for planning your base. 0.12.12
Module Inserter (Non-conflict version) 5.2.5
Orphan Finder 1.1.3
Pyanodons Coal Processing 2.0.0
Pyanodons Coal Processing Graphics 2.0.0
Pyanodons Fusion Energy 2.0.0
Pyanodons Fusion Energy Graphics 2.0.0
Pyanodons HighTech 2.0.0
Pyanodons HighTechGraphis 2.0.0
Pyanodons Industry 2.0.0
Pyanodons Raw Ores 2.4.0
Pyanodons Raw Ores Graphics 2.0.0
Squeak Through 1.8.2
Time Tools (+game speed +clock combinators) 2.1.44
Water Well (pump free water from the ground) 1.1.2
What is it really used for? 1.6.0
YARM - Resource Monitor 0.8.207

1 year, 6 months ago

i have the same issue

1 year, 6 months ago

but i dfo not have bo's power so i don't know what mod is conflicting :(

1 year, 6 months ago

for me the issue is related to that line in the data parser :

function data_parser:add_recipe_result_item(item_name, recipe_name, recipe_node, ingredients)

--> local node_item = self.fg:add_node(item_name, fz_graph.NT_ITEM)

1 year, 6 months ago

same issue also any fixes/updates yet? thnx

1 year, 6 months ago

sorry by pyanodon seem to be busy :/ . I don't fully understand his code so i could create a fix but not for every "case" . So Py is the best for that . So now we are waiting him to read that issue

1 year, 6 months ago

and i hate scripting code :p

1 year, 6 months ago
1 year, 6 months ago

yes, same for me also, + it wiped out all/most of my machines so hope fix will come soon :)

1 year, 6 months ago

i don't why he want to do some mysterious stuff like space exploration.... he created so much more incompatibility :( now

1 year, 6 months ago

I traced my issue in the other thread to Bob's enemies mod

1 year, 6 months ago

still no sign of a fix???

1 year, 6 months ago

nope :(

1 year, 6 months ago

i rollback all of my version of py mods. I don't want to play something that won't work with any mods

1 year, 6 months ago

work?

1 year, 6 months ago

yes but thas not the newest things

1 year, 6 months ago

earth to Pyanodon come in! we need you! :)

1 year, 6 months ago

i don't why he want to do some mysterious stuff like space exploration.... he created so much more incompatibility :( now

oh no you cant just add have the mod portal now. its just the worst thing ever. post processing cleans up the tech tree and keeps us from having to manually work it over for every tiny little change.

mod portal isnt exactly great at giving notifications on issues. if you can tell me what mod or mods your having issues with we can look into the issues. so far the only mod i see listed specifically as having an issue is bobs power and thats not going to be supported

1 year, 6 months ago

to king: It's not just one or two mods that are having issues, like I said it/new update wiped out all my machines. + of course the pypostprocessing error that every one is still getting. My factory got Jacked! oh crap!

1 year, 6 months ago

if you can tell me what mod or mods your having issues with we can look into the issues

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Bio_Industries
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/grand-unified-factorio-theory
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MultipleUnitTrainControl
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Robot256Lib
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nuclear%20Fuel
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/boblogistics (I understand your policy with bobs but it's throwing similar issues so it might be an easy win)

are the ones from my current list it's having issues with.

1 year, 6 months ago

Bob's enemies mod too. but that's already being worked on.

1 year, 6 months ago
1 year, 6 months ago

this mods is to precise for py suite. I can't go right with many other mods :(

1 year, 6 months ago

mods in fix future?

1 year, 6 months ago

Don't know honestly

1 year, 6 months ago

I have it down to Pyanodons Industry 2.0.1, Pyanodons Post Processing 0.1.2, and the Factorio Standard Library and still can't get it to load. It appears to just not function, but a required library.

auto_tech.lua150 dependency loop

industry has a base version dependency of >= 0.15.37 while post requires 1.1.0
std library is the same 1.4.0

Post Process has a dependency of Industry (optional) but it is white, like it is required. Was a switch missed to mark industry as optional? May or may not be related.

Looking through, not 100% with LUA coding by any means, but it looks like maybe an error in topo_sort being returned.

In just testing, industry and post don't work with just them, py coal is needed, then the error goes away. Hidden requirement in there somewhere.

1 year, 6 months ago

it seems that this mod check every recipe to adjust the tech cost and properly set them to the correct associate technology. The real problem seem to be the variety of code on the portal and the "code tricks" related to them.

1 year, 6 months ago

Idea fix in mods and mods compatible.

1 year, 5 months ago

any news? doesn't look like it????? :(

1 year, 5 months ago

sorry no news for now :/

1 year, 5 months ago

sorry no news for now :/

ty

1 year, 5 months ago

I solved my problem by disabling all mods except for pY, restarting the game and then adding mods 1 by 1, restarting in between. I originally planned to just find the conflict but it solved the issue altogether instead lol.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

I solved my problem by disabling all mods except for pY, restarting the game and then adding mods 1 by 1, restarting in between. I originally planned to just find the conflict but it solved the issue altogether instead lol.

yikes! + congrats! (snds like a lot of work just to get a mod to work) just sayin :)

1 year, 5 months ago

we are waiting for a normal correction, not a perversion every time.
You can't do mods like that, not only is the graphics demanding, but they also broke the codes.

1 year, 5 months ago

we are waiting for a normal correction, not a perversion every time.
You can't do mods like that, not only is the graphics demanding, but they also broke the codes.

yes, a normal fix by the gentleman who made the mod. :)

1 year, 5 months ago

I confirm the problem lies with Bob's mods. I tried to start a run with full Py and just Bob's libraries and modules, and it crashed Py post-processing.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

in general, I tried to download other mods, and all, even simple mods, had an error with the same codes, with the name auto research (tech)

1 year, 5 months ago

in general, I tried to download other mods, and all, even simple mods, had an error with the same codes, with the name auto research (tech)

thank you :)

This thread has been locked.