Pyanodons Coal Processing

Extends and overhauls Factorio's burner phase. Use realistic oil and coal processes to create advanced products. Functions as the core and library for the rest of the pY mods.

Overhaul
22 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

i Distilator Sound

2 years ago

Hey all, in my opinion, the Destructive Distillation Column sound effect has an absolutely awful and painful frequency in it (9334hz), so I've notched it out and my ears are thanking me. If this is something you'd like, I've shared the file on my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-geuCp5QVjrBZV7uIVSZo4aVkCjm04ak/view?usp=sharing

To change it, unzip pycoalprocessinggraphics_1.. in your mod folder, and copy my file in to the sounds folder, overwriting the current file. Rezip it and put it back in your mods folder.

Perhaps this is something that could be considered for future releases! I realize this is maybe a very niche request, I am a sound engineer by trade and that particular frequency was driving me absolutely mad.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

@ritzcrackers, holy cow, thank goodness my google search led me here. The sound is quite literally triggering my tinnitus and it is painful. Will be testing right now! I had to turn environment sounds down to 0 and it kinda ruins the....environment of factorio!

Edit: this works great, thank you.

pyanodon, please consider implementing this fix, my ears will thank you next time I need to update.