Pyanodons Coal Processing

Extends and overhauls Factorio's burner phase. Use realistic oil and coal processes to create advanced products. Functions as the core and library for the rest of the pY mods.

Overhaul
17 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Coal as Power Need Rebalancing

2 years ago

I just painstakingly did the math to see what the optimal paths for power production exist from raw coal but after all that I discovered that nothing beats dumping raw coal into vanilla boilers. Using the most basic raw coal - coal -> coke recipe chain into combustion mixture with coal gas gets pretty close but still requires some extra electricity and uses around 2x as much raw coal for the same amount of power.

Seems like quite the let down since I was hoping the extra complexity would actually be worth something.

2 years ago

have noticed that for sometime, energy wise its barely grudgingly energy saving to do a full fowagae chain using even the most basic machines, the point when used with other modpacks as far as i can tell is to make you need modules to improve quality, the problem is by the time you have those modules the chain is no longer required, if i was to pinpoint where this could be improved an entire second should be shaved off the fawagae tier 1 hydroponics station|water garden and the fawogae to coal recipe using the high pressure furnace tier 1 should also have faster returns in order to afford the cost in energy and time to go through the block-chain of converting coal.

and then add diminishing-returns to the next set of tiers. if you can do this would highly appreciate

2 years ago

ps been meaning to ask pyanodon what is your native language? if i knew your native language i could parse my text using "google.com/translate" and speed up the process