Pyanodons Coal Processing

Extends and overhauls Factorio's burner phase. Use realistic oil and coal processes to create advanced products. Functions as the core and library for the rest of the pY mods.

Overhaul
15 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g What is the rationale behind the receipt(s) of automation science pack (and science packs in general)?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm new to py mods, though experienced with many other mods and modpackt. When I see that an automation science pack is made of glassware and basic substrate, I find it unreasonable, compared to all my experiences with other modpacks, e.g. Angel's, Bob's, AAI & Space Exploration. It seems to me that they are so just for the sake of the complexity of things. Are there good, convincing reasons to make the recipes as such?

3 years ago

seriously? are you bored and have nothing better to do. its a hard mod pack that overhauls the entire game. not going to justify our design choices based on what over mods have done. the fact that you called it basic substrate tells me your using pyal. it is the hardest mod out of an already difficult mod pack and if you think automation science is unreasonable then your not going to want to look at the rest of them.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Ok maybe I didn't make clear what I mean. I'm not against complexity of any kind, and I was not trying to call py mods' complexity unreasonable. I was just wondering what glassware and substrate has to do with the word "automation". But yes I did not previously realize that this recipe comes from py AlienLife, and I shall check out what things are like without py AlienLife.

3 years ago

ok. thats kind of a completely different question and is from the base game renaming them. we could change it but to what exactly? leaving it called automation is easier as people know what science pack it is when someone mentions it. if anything maybe we just need to revert the names back to the way vanilla was and call them science pack 1,2,3,etc.