P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

b I am fall

1 year, 1 month ago

Error while running event pump::on_gui_click (ID 1)
pump/plumber.lua:214: attempt to call global 'find_oilwells' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pump/plumber.lua:214: in function 'verify_all_extractors_connected'
pump/plumber.lua:704: in function 'plan_plumbing'
pump/control.lua:97: in function 'resume_process_selected_area_with_this_mod'
pump/control.lua:24: in function <pump/control.lua:19>

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi, seems you posted 2 issues? Are they incidentally the same, or is this a different issue from a different oil patch?

If it's indeed a different issue/oil patch, please provide a save file in which I can take a closer look at the issue. Issue & attachement via github is easiest for me, but if you prefer another method (shared a link, for instance) I'm totally fine with that, too.

1 year, 1 month ago

Different issues I think

1 year, 1 month ago

Ok, this is crash with substations with some cases.
Here a save https://disk.yandex.ru/d/wSCKWWM7nlK85Q
Now you would select with PUMP all patches whrough railroad and choose a substation power pole. And crash

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks!
I can reproduce the issue. I'll investigate and hopefully have an update with a fix out soon :-)

1 year, 1 month ago

I just uploaded version 1.3.2 which ... reduces this error.

So the error shouldn't have happened, but unfortunately, the error occurred in a code-path that was already working towards showing another failure. Basically it failed to show a nice message and therefor showed fuzzy error instead! XD

P.U.M.P. isn't the smartest tool; it'll plan a layout for all the pipes above ground, and once everything is connected, it'll try to bury some parts of the pipes. In the save you provided the error that should've shown was that it can't perform a layout due to an obstruction; in your case, the rails.

The nice failure message is now properly shown. Which I guess is some sort of fix? It will have to do for now. Changing the logic of P.U.M.P. to be able to handle obstruction scenarios is not something on my TO-DO list for the immediate future.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thank you very much! This is solution too for save time from last save

New response