P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

b Crash with 4 to 4 Pipes [Advanced Fluid Handling]

2 years ago

When selecting the Advanced Fluid Handling 4 to 4 Pipe option I crashed with this error message: https://imgur.com/dSC1ID6

2 years ago

Hi, thanks for the report.

P.U.M.P. relies on a convention of entity names. And to be frank, .. it shouldn't rely on it. But that's just how it grew.

The convention is: what-ever pipe you chose in the dialog, add '-to-ground' behind its entity name and use that as the entity to go underground. For example:
pipe -> pipe-to-ground
steel-pipe -> steel-pipe-to-ground
water-pipe -> water-pipe-to-ground
etc.

This works rather well for other mods that add multiple types of pipes but stick close to vanilla otherwise. Advanced Fluid handling instead adds different options to changes directions. I don't know the mod that well, because I don't use it myself. But I assume it's not able to follow the vanilla naming convention because of those extra options.

I don't really know how to address this. P.U.M.P. was not made at all with something like AFH in mind. It'd require some serious rework that I don't know if I would be willing to put in at this time.

2 years ago

I appreciate the reply! Do you have a way to remove it from the pipe selection menu when placing?

2 years ago

Good idea, I should indeed be able to check if a matching pipe-to-ground exists before offering it in the dialog.
It won't add functionality, but should keep it save to use at least.

Would you mind sending me your save file where you use AFH and run into this issue? That would save me a lot of time to set up a test scenario. If the save file is under 25MB you can perhaps create a ticket on the github page and attach it there. If it's larger, you can share the file via dropbox, or otherwise through a sharing service like wetransfer.com . And if you have another preferred way, that's also fine by me. :-)

2 years ago

Here ya go, the save is 90 MB. I believe I'm on the "Donn" moon surface with everything needed to test!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1laNksSZW_PbRp1RICzCgKpXWyjLJpLar/view?usp=sharing

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks! That helped. Could insta-test my adjustment now :-)

I've uploaded P.U.M.P. version 1.1.2 that should hide the 4-to-4 option of AFH on the P.U.M.P. dialog.

2 years ago

Yay! Thank you very much sir.

New response