P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

i Bot-Technology - Availability

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello

i wanted to try out your mod, as its a very factorian thing.

I play a IR2 game and your Mod - require Bot-Technology.
In IR2 you got very early some Punkbot wich act as a slow early construction bot.

I would review if in IR2 when getting punkbots your planer should also available...
(unless you don't want to.... Maybe the planer needs certain intelligence-levels of bot and the punkbot just can't handle this ;-) )

As i am aware other mods have other bots - there could be a review also worthy

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi,

I expect that will work without any issue.

I do not play with IR2 or any other large mod, so I have no hands-on experience if it works. But, some recent feature requests I've handled should accommodate your combinations of mods.

For instance; since recently the P.U.M.P. shortcut is always available and no longer blocked by vanilla research. Also, P.U.M.P. scans for all miners that are able to handle the liquid you've selected. And also scans for all types of pipes that are installed and what research unlocks them. When you have multiple options, it should show a window to select which you want to place. There's no mod-specific requirements for it. Any other mod that adds resources, miners, or pipes following the rules set by the core game, should work.

As for the placement logic, P.U.M.P. does not actually build anything. It only places ghosts, and let the game handle the actual construction of the ghosts by itself. Typically that's construction bots in vanilla; but if the mod you use also builds nearby ghosts that should be perfectly fine. P.U.M.P. does not interfere with that aspect at all.

All that said, occasionally someone opens a topic because something doesn't work. Just reply here when that happens, and I will make some time to figure out why it's not working. If that's something P.U.M.P. can fix or improve on, I'll try to get that sorted ASAP.

I hope that answers your question.

3 years ago

I wanted to place the icon on the short cut bar, and it says that Construction-Bot-Technology is needed.
(i don't know if IR2 makes it so - did not thought about this)

Is there a key Shortcut ? (ie Shift-P (or what so ever ? ))

3 years ago

I wanted to place the icon on the short cut bar, and it says that Construction-Bot-Technology is needed.
(i don't know if IR2 makes it so - did not thought about this)

Is there a key Shortcut ? (ie Shift-P (or what so ever ? ))

I will tell whats the outcome when reaching Bot-Technology

3 years ago

That's strange, that restriction should've been removed in P.U.M.P. v1.1.0, which released almost a week ago.
Can you check which version of P.U.M.P. you are running?

3 years ago

it seems that the mod was old.....

I update it and then it works like a charm - thanks :-)

New response