P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

g Industrial Revolution 2 fix

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

When playing IR 2, P.U.M.P. looking on unobtainable/hidden before technology by player, making mod basically useless

3 years ago

Hi,

Could you elaborate on what exactly the issue is? You explanation is a bit cryptic for me to understand what needs to change to make it usable for you.

Please keep in mind that I do not play IR2 myself, nor am I familiar with its content. So if it's some IR2 specific mechanic that breaks P.U.M.P. you'll need to explain a bit more.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In IR2 there remaked tech tree, so there is no technology called contruction robotic like in vanilla. There two solutions, first is no technology prerequisites . Second is more complicated, from my experience you can fix it by adding line to data-final-fixes or data-updates

if mods["IndustrialRevolution"] then

and stick tech prerequisites to ir2-robotower.
Deadlock did something funky with tech tree and there is need to be these changes in data-final-fixes or data-updates

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

<missclick>

3 years ago

Thank you for the elaboration. The issue is clear now.

I rather not make exceptions for specific other mods. But maybe I can make it a setting where the player can toggle the technology requirement on/off?
I'll think about it. :-)

3 years ago

Thank you for the elaboration. The issue is clear now.

I rather not make exceptions for specific other mods. But maybe I can make it a setting where the player can toggle the technology requirement on/off?
I'll think about it. :-)

setting where the player can toggle the technology requirement on/off sounds great

3 years ago
3 years ago

Hi,

I've just uploaded v1.1.0 which addresses this.

I went for a slightly different route. I've removed the tech-requirement for P.U.M.P. as a tool entirely, but instead check per pump and pipe if it actually unlocked by research. It'll not show the options you've not yet unlocked. I've also added a setting; which will then instead show all options that are currently known in the game, and ignore the research requirements (basically like it was before).

I'm hopeful this should work regardless of what kind of overhaul mod is currently installed. Please let me know if you still run into issues.

New response