P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

b Crash v1.1 + Ships

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Crashed when I selected an oil spot with the tool in the sea (Ships mod)
Did that in "fog of war" on the map UI

The mod P.U.M.P. (1.0.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pump::on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
pump/prospector.lua:28: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pump/prospector.lua:28: in function 'add_area_information'
pump/control.lua:82: in function 'resume_process_selected_area_with_this_mod'
pump/control.lua:58: in function 'process_selected_area_with_this_mod'
pump/control.lua:8: in function <pump/control.lua:6>

3 years ago

Thanks for the report.

It appears the oil rig is too big and doesn't combine well with a piece of logic that assumes an oil pumpjack is 3x3 in size. I think I'll be able to fix that, simply by not assuming a fixed size, but rather look up the size before doing that series of calculations.

Though I doubt how usefull it'll be. I'm not familiar with the Cargo Ships mod, but it doesn't appear to involve placement of pipes with the rig? So I wonder why you'd want to use P.U.M.P. with oil rigs?

Also, the preliminary testing I did so far does indicate P.U.M.P. will just place ghosts of oil rigs on oil wells on land. Which is odd?
P.U.M.P. does a query on the factorio API if the pump-of-choice (the oil rig in this case) can be placed, and the game engine informs back that it can, so P.U.M.P. places a ghost. However, when manually placed, a message pops up that it can't be placed on land. I bet Cargo Ship did some magic to make water-based buildings possible, but that's not something I can take into account in P.U.M.P. So even without crash, P.U.M.P. will probably still work a bit funky when used with oil rigs.

Regardless, avoiding this crash would also be good when there's other mods that work with larger land-based pumpjacks. So I'll try to get a fix out for it soon. Until then, you can hold shift when using P.U.M.P. to popup a menu from which you'll be able to chose a land-based pumpjack.

3 years ago

I did not want to use PUMP with oil rigs, just tested it how it will be, and it crashed the game.
I like when all mods are stable. :)

it enough if it just not crash the game for oil rigs, so, it will be safe for multiplayer

3 years ago

Hi, I just uploaded version 1.0.2 which should address the crash. Could you give it a try and see if it solves the issue for you?

3 years ago

it do not crash now

New response