P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

i Prevent Unwanted Manual Power poles placement

3 years ago

Is it possible to add the option to place electrical poles?

3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I would eventually like to add this option. Although I would prefer if I can utilize another mod for this, similar to how P.U.M.P. utilizes 'Module Inserter'. So if you know of a mod that can place power-poles, I would appreciate the recommendation and reach out to the author of that mod to remote-call it.

Otherwise I'll have to see how I can add such logic in P.U.M.P. . It's been on my mind for a while and I'm not yet sure how approach the layouting for it. But you're not the first to ask, so perhaps it's time to take some steps. :-)

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi, it's been a long time. But I finally found the inspiration to add placing power poles as well. I'm not sure if you're still using P.U.M.P., but if you are, please check out the update and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

1 year, 1 month ago

Xcone, I updated the mod just now...I tried it one time and I got options to select the equipment for PUMP to use...I couldn't figure out how to close the dialog so I pushed some buttons to make it go away. I think this needs a "back out" option.

Also, I'm now not getting that option box again when I go to select new nodes.

There's a lot of debug on as well, can we get configurable debug output?

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi! Thanks for the report, much appreciated :-)

You can open the dialog again by holding shift while making a selection. I figured people typically wouldn't want to change their choices that often. So the dialog only opens the 1st time, when new options are available compared to last time (either research or another mod) or on request by holding shift.

Sorry about the debug output, that shouldn't have been there. I uploaded 1.2.1 where it is removed.

Can you elaborate a little on the dialog not closing? Was there something stuck? Or did you want to cancel the form, and noticed there isn't a cancel button?

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

You can open the dialog again by holding shift while making a selection.

Ah ok, I didn't know this, is this new? Might want to add that to the mods description, I didn't see that documented. (ok, now I see the part where its mentioned)

I figured people typically wouldn't want to change their choices that often. So the dialog only opens the 1st time, when new options are > available compared to last time (either research or another mod) or on request by holding shift.

In IR3, there are different kinds of fluids and a pipe for each kind. For example, steam goes in steam pipes and there are steam fissures (nodes). Then there are regular crude oil that uses regular iron pipes.

Can you elaborate a little on the dialog not closing? Was there something stuck? Or did you want to cancel the form, and noticed there isn't a cancel button?

Yes, I wanted to take a look at the selection dialog, but not place anything. I couldn't find a cancel/close button and I started hitting escape or any other button I could think of to get out of the dialog. I think there should be a close button at the top right corner.

1 year, 1 month ago

Very goods points. I guess P.U.M.P. has come a long way since the initial additional that dialog, and I can see how the logic about keeping it out of the way might might be a bit outdated in the meantime.

I'll see what I can do :-)

1 year, 1 month ago

I just uploaded 1.3.0, which should address being able to cancel as well as the behavior of when to show or not-show the menu. Please have a try and let me know if it works for you.
Thanks!

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)

I'm currently testing it out and I'm running into a game freeze when I chose a large steel pylon (large power pole) from the selection dialog. Not sure if this is related to the newest update or not. Edit: this freeze also occurs with the substation. Lower tier poles work fine.

As for the new cancel and escape ability, that is working good, thank you.

1 year, 1 month ago

A freeze, like a complete freeze and needing to restart the game? Or a pause for a brief moment after which the game continues again?

There's a lot of testing/probing involved in determining the power-pole positions, and with the substations even more so because they have a bigger range, so more testing to do. A bit of a hiccup is to be expected.

In case a of a complete freeze and needed to restart, .. well, that shouldn't happen of course.

Either way, would you mind going to the GitHub repository and make in issue there. In that issue, please attach the save file in which you see the bahaviour you describe.

In case you would rather not share your save, I would also be really happy with the pump_planner_input.json the game saves in the script-output folder.
Keep in mind the file is overwritten every time. So please use P.U.M.P., let the freeze happen, and then make a copy of that json file and attach it to the issue.

With either of those I should be able to replicate the scenario myself and try to make improvements.

Thanks!

1 year, 1 month ago

Will do! I'll get to it later in the evening

1 year, 1 month ago

Any luck getting a save file for me? Did life happen? Or is the issue no longer applicable?

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey, sorry! Thanks for posting again in here, I forgot to do this.

I'll post to Github now

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks! I was able to reproduce it with the save. I've just uploaded version 1.3.2. which has a fix for the freeze.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thank you!

New response