exfret's randomizer

by exfret

Randomizes game properties, like belt speeds, inserter speeds, and more. Over a hundred game properties are touched. Download for the ultimate randomization experience that will force you to think in different new ways!

Overhaul
18 days ago

i Negative Crafting Speed

20 days ago
(updated 20 days ago)

While playing on the most recent version of this mod today for the first time it went with crafting speed in to negative numbers somehow and it messes up factorio in multiple ways, the animation showing the progress being messed up is something i can deal with but the mod should still have a limiter to ensure its always above 0, so even when punishing slow it would at least be able to progress.
Right now all i can do is wait until the mod is generous enough to give me a positive crafting speed again.
Worth mentioning that i have the mod configured to the most easy settings possible while still retaining most randomisations.
so i was assuming it wouldnt be able to softlock me on easy difficulty.
Edit: my f riend im playing with also suggested to maybe make this a setting if the mod should be able to go in to negative speeds or not, possible even seperate settings for movement and crafting. (i assume negative movement speed is just inverted controls)

20 days ago

That is a bug in the new formula that was just rolled out; it actually should be limited below by 50% or so since crafting speed is just too painful otherwise. Thanks for letting me know!

20 days ago

I can't reproduce this. Can you tell me the seed you used and approximately when it happened?

Also, if you are using any mods that modify crafting speed at all, this may cause issues since the randomizer simply does a modification on the current crafting speed, so if it's already low it can definitely become negative.

20 days ago

i only use mods to increase placer stats, none that reduce it.
The seed is "731092630617".
The save it happend in was a bit over 160 hours of play time in to it.
unfortunately i have overwritten the save so i cant provide you a copy which would drop you in to exactly that situation.

20 days ago

Sounds like it should be a rare occurrence at least then, I'll look into it on that seed.

20 days ago

pretty rare yes, even when considering that most of the play time was before the update.
after all it still took 6 days with roughly 4 - 6 hours of play time every day before it actually happened.

19 days ago
(updated 19 days ago)

Just in case, can you let me know the mods you had that would possibly touch crafting speeds? Also, just to make sure that is the mod seed right, not the world seed?

19 days ago

yes, thats the mod seed.
the mod impacting crafting speed should only be Quality of Life research https://mods.factorio.com/mod/qol_research

I had this same issue occur twice in a row within the first hour of playing. The seed I used was 2003. I was using other mods, but as far as I am aware, none of them should have given me a lower crafting speed by default

13 days ago

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to find the root of the issue soon.

21 hours ago

Okay, I think I have a bugfix for the next version, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue consistently, so it's hard to tell for sure if it fixes the problem. The next version might also be a while to come out, things can go slowly :)

New response