exfret's randomizer

by exfret

Randomizes game properties, like belt speeds, inserter speeds, and more. Over a hundred game properties are touched. Download for the ultimate randomization experience that will force you to think in different new ways!

Overhaul
18 days ago

i Technology randomization

2 months ago

Here's a list of tech related ideas
Make technologies that give bonuses (bot speed, mining productivity, artillery range, lab speed, etc) have a random bonus
Technologies have a random research pack amount and research speed (individual settings, research speed one might be controversial). Also, each one takes different amounts of different science packs.
Technologies in the same science era (automation, logistic, etc) are randomized so logistics might unlock long inserters and gun turrets while oil processing might unlock steel furnaces
Option to enable random tech icons and names

2 months ago
  1. For some reason I hadn't thought of this yet. Dunno how it passed through my radar.
  2. Tech randomization (research pack amount and speed) is already in there and should be on by default. Was it off for you? That would be a bug. Randomizing it so it's different amounts of different packs is a new idea though.
  3. I just did tech randomization. It will be a while before it's in the pack though since I'm still balancing it, like making things that require logistic science to research having that as a prereq in the tree. It's still completable, just not very intuitive. Message me on discord if you want to try out this beta version. :)
  4. There's already an icon randomization option ;)
2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I was messing around with it, turned on icon randomization after i looked through the tech tree. I also wasn't looking at the research speed and pack amount before I made the post.

1. I just did tech randomization. It will be a while before it's in the pack though since I'm still balancing it, like making things that require logistic science to research having that as a prereq in the tree.

I know there is a mod that trims the tech tree (and maybe another that confirms completeness of the tree) so maybe look into how that one does it if you get stuck

It's still completable, just not very intuitive. Message me on discord if you want to try out this beta version. :)

Will do. I wont be able to check it out for a few days though.

New response